Author Topic: Car tax  (Read 1521 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Car tax
« on: December 14, 2007, 16:27:24 PM »
Hi. I am asking this on behalf of myself and several others who have asked me. How often do we have to tax our cars and where do we go to do this. What documentation do we need. Can't speak for any of the others but I had mine done for me at the time of purchase. I am wanting to take over doing all of these things for myself now that we have got settled. I think I read that taxing the car has to be done twice a year? I have looked on the search facility but can't find anything. I wondered if other people living here know that the Dask has to be paid every year. We come across a lot that don't know. Anne

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Car tax
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 16:49:15 PM »
You can get it done at most banks. You can pay it 6 monthly or annually. Take your ownership documents with you.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Car tax
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 21:37:28 PM »
Thank you Allan.

Offline kevman

Car tax
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 08:37:58 AM »
We were told you couldn't do it at the banks you have to go to the tax office every January and every July.We went to the tax office last July, handed over the documents and the money and it was done no problem.We are ready to go again next month.

Offline cathy h

Car tax
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 09:08:46 AM »
When we went to retax our car last year, they asked if we wanted to do it for 6 months or one year so we chose the year. When you go to the tax office, go in the building on the right and it is on the ground floor.  We needed the car ownership documents and I can't remember if they asked for residency or passport but I took them anyway. Cathy

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Car tax
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 10:07:21 AM »
The last time I did mine, I did it online through a friends account with Garanti Bank.

I've just asked him if things have changed since, and he says no, he's done it for a couple of other people in the last few weeks.

If you've got an account with a Turkish bank you can do it online or at the branch.

You can also go into any Fatura Bank branch and do it there. They charge 2 or 3 YTL for each transaction.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf