Author Topic: Sesons starts- ends??  (Read 2470 times)

Offline MissJ

« on: December 18, 2007, 23:19:30 PM »
Hi all,

Im quiet new to this, so bare with me,

Just wondering if anyone has been to calis in march-april time, wondering what it is like, weather? is it busy? etc

Thanks
Jx

Offline JacM

Sesons starts- ends??
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 23:32:44 PM »
Hi Miss J
I'm sure local residents can tell you more but we were over in March this year and loved it.

Temperatures like early summer in the UK - time to enjoy the area and people. Make the most of it

J :)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Sesons starts- ends??
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 00:24:11 AM »
Hi MissJ. I did bare with you but it's a bit cold so I'm getting dressed :D. I was also quiet.:D Seriously we went to Calis during the first week in April in 2005. We saw no rain and I managed to get burnt, (I don't burn easily). However it can still be very changeable at that time. You will see a lot of the restaurants and bars on the front preparing to open but I guess about 30% were up and running. Our pool was still empty but we swam in the sea a few times.
Ken :D:D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 00:47:25 AM by kenkay »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Sesons starts- ends??
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 00:29:37 AM »
You look quite handsome there Ken

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Sesons starts- ends??
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 00:50:14 AM »
Scunner, You mean I don't in person [:(!]. Thank god for air-brushing.
Ken :D :D

Offline KayteeLouise

Sesons starts- ends??
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 12:29:49 PM »
Not been before but am i hopeing to go in middle of April for one week.
and have spoken to a few people and good few resturants are open depending whenn abouts you go in April : )

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Sesons starts- ends??
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 16:34:42 PM »
we went in march 2005/april 2006 lovely weather during the day but cold at night,it is still quiet at night but everyone with buisness's are busy getting their premises ready for the new season

Offline PeteM

Sesons starts- ends??
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 09:14:29 AM »
Late March/Early April is a great time to go, you can swim off Calis beach and look at the snow on the mountains, we've had the whole of Olu Deniz beach to ourselves and got a good tan.  This has been our first trip out for the last 4 years and it's lovely, spring really starts to happen. Daytime temps normally about 15 - 20 deg, but night time can be quite cool so you will need a quilt and also take a fleece for outside. We normally take a few games with us (cards/Cluedo etc) as about 50% of the nights are too cold to sit out.  As previous posts, there are a number of the beach front cafes open. Further back from the beach, Aydin Pide has always been open when we've been there, the guy there greats you like a long lost friend at the beginning of the season - he can see his trade about to pick up for the season!! Fethiye is a working town so apart form the bazaar area is all open and plenty of places to eat etc. Have a great time and just watch the place come to life.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Sesons starts- ends??
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 09:53:39 AM »
In my opinion, its one of the best times to go  (March / April), blossom and wild flowers every where, weather usually picking up and quite sunny, beaches deserted, baby lambs, kids (of the goat variety !)running around and lots of work being done in the fields and olive groves etc. If you like walking its a great time to explore and get out and about without the heat and crowds of the summer.  Just watch out for tortoises in the road that time of year though !  They are just waking up and feeling frisky and seem to lose all road sense !! ;)

Offline Stressed Eric

Sesons starts- ends??
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 07:49:44 AM »
I agree, its a great time to come over. The weather isn't guaranteed, but likely to be warm and sunny with the risk of a rainy day. The nights are still chilly so winter bedding, some form of heating in your property is needed, and a jacket or fleece need to be packed. Its a great time to see the area without the suffocating heat. My parents come over to stay with us every year at this time and love it.
Fethiye of course if fully open, as it always is, but the number of bars and restaurants open in the resorts is limited.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf