Author Topic: Anonymous CBF Browsing for Shy Members  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Anonymous CBF Browsing for Shy Members
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 17:05:06 PM »
LOL

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 21:52:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

:DHang on plums, I hav'nt been on here all week,come back from Girona with a virus on Monday and only got up today,so Can I have an ahhh now, And Shaun you know how shy I am, you've seen me dodge a few in your time.:P  ;)

Lol. Hope your'e feeling better Doll!  :)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 12:40:49 PM »
 :) Just a thought  :-\

From time to time, we seem to get people coming on that just want to advertise their business (or a friends) cause trouble or, they have their own personal agenda......

New members have to earn 'their spurs' as it were, to e-mail other members, could we have a similar 'safety guard' for 'hidden browsers'?

I have no problem with established members having the use of this facility  :)  but I'm not comfortable, with just anybody sitting 'peeping in'  :-\ :o

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 15:25:17 PM »
That wouldn't achieve anything because anyone can browse without logging in, with the exception of a few private forums.

If somebody wants to join up and cause trouble, advertise or whatever they can do it equally well if they are invisible or not.

All new members are announced on the front page anyway, invisible or not :D

Offline voyageur

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 15:27:01 PM »
Do you CEF know what a forum is? It is not a closed shop. It is for anyone to make a statement without being hounded for having a different opinion to you!

quote:
Originally posted by cef

From time to time, we seem to get people coming on that just want to advertise their business (or a friends) cause trouble or, they have their own personal agenda......

New members have to earn 'their spurs' as it were, to e-mail other members, could we have a similar 'safety guard' for 'hidden browsers'?

I have no problem with established members having the use of this facility  :)  but I'm not comfortable, with just anybody sitting 'peeping in'  :-\ :o

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 15:31:07 PM »
That has nothing to do with the point she was making.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 15:48:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by voyageur

Do you CEF know what a forum is? It is not a closed shop. It is for anyone to make a statement without being hounded for having a different opinion to you!

quote:
Originally posted by cef

I can 'take it' as well as 'dish it out' voyageur, which is something you don't seem to be able to do :P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf