Author Topic: Help with Lady the dog  (Read 2192 times)

Offline sugarybaba

Help with Lady the dog
« on: December 23, 2007, 15:21:12 PM »
The people who own the Carretta apartments have apparently gone away and left their 2 dogs in the garden of their villa (opposite sunday market entrance)
Lady the alsatian keeps escaping and in the last 2 weeks has been wandering all over Fethiye and Calis  She does not like the other dog who is a very exuberant and excitable spaniel
I think someone is feeding them but rather than walk Lady, she is just let out to do her own thing
Consequently she does not get fed unless she comes to our complex or other people/friends of ours give her food
We would love to keep her but all of us on our complex have our own animals and this causes trouble
Does anyone have an email or mobile number for Can or his wife so that we can contact them??? Failing that would anyone care to foster Lady until her caring (?) owners return
She is a lovely quiet dog who just wants companionship and a cuddle
Sue x

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Help with Lady the dog
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 19:33:19 PM »
 :)I will feel guilty eating my turkey now,someone will surely help after reading this, ;)

Offline sugarybaba

Help with Lady the dog
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 07:13:06 AM »
You would think so wouldn't you but no responses or help offered yet

Offline shortlands

Help with Lady the dog
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by sugarybaba

The people who own the Carretta apartments have apparently gone away and left their 2 dogs in the garden of their villa (opposite sunday market entrance)
Lady the alsatian keeps escaping and in the last 2 weeks has been wandering all over Fethiye and Calis  She does not like the other dog who is a very exuberant and excitable spaniel
I think someone is feeding them but rather than walk Lady, she is just let out to do her own thing
Consequently she does not get fed unless she comes to our complex or other people/friends of ours give her food
We would love to keep her but all of us on our complex have our own animals and this causes trouble
Does anyone have an email or mobile number for Can or his wife so that we can contact them??? Failing that would anyone care to foster Lady until her caring (?) owners return
Sue x

Offline shortlands

Help with Lady the dog
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 11:54:28 AM »
quote:

Sue x

hi sue we are very distressed to read your posting, duran is charged with looking after both lady and cookie whilst  can and mary are away i know marys mother has been very unwell, lady througout the summer was in the habit of escaping and can spent considerable time looking for her, cookie has just discovered that he is a man and that female dogs are out there, and adopted the habit of legging it at the first opportunity, i hope all is well with duran i know he cares very much for both lady and cookie  he is a good friend and employee of can and marys their relationship goes back a long way. can will be very upset to read your posting as he is a very caring man.i will attempt to reach him by phone. it may be he is either visiting hismother as hedoes at the end of the season or they are caring for marys mother.

regards
sonia & gery shortland

Offline sugarybaba

Help with Lady the dog
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 12:48:13 PM »
Hi Sonia and Gerry
Thanks for your reply
I did not mean any distress by my comment but Lady has spent most of the summer on our complex Duran (I think) collected her about a week ago as I spoke to Attilla who lives next door   Can collected from here several times during the summer
My point is that I hate to see her just wandering the streets and if she is at our place she upsets our animals   Duran must know where she goes to but has only collected her once   Since then she has been back almost every day  If she's not there then she can usually be found at the Cafe Pazar
I spoke to Can several times in the summer and suggested that Lady and Cookie need to be kept separately     When I take Lady back to the villa, she looks at me with such despair as Cookie jumps all over her !!! I just want a solution to the whole thing

Offline sugarybaba

Help with Lady the dog
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 12:56:56 PM »
PS If you can contact Can that would be helpful
Sorry to hear about their problems with Mary's mother  Sue x

Offline shortlands

Help with Lady the dog
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 13:22:46 PM »
quote:

PS If you can contact Can that would be helpful
Sorry to hear about their problems with Mary's mother  Sue x

hi  i have tried can's mobile but it goes straight to answerphone i have also emailed onur cans eldest son, i know they are in close contact we did talk to can iin the summer about having cookie  castrated i agree for both dogs safety it would be a solution.

sonia & gerry shortland

Offline sugarybaba

Help with Lady the dog
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 11:23:19 AM »
Hi Shortlands
I really think that Duran who has responsibility for Lady needs to be more responsible  Even if Cookie was neutered, Lady still escapes from the villa  
If I return her and put her on a long lead, she gets out again !! It seems that she is being let out rather than taken for walks
God knows if Cookie is being fed regularly or being taken for walks as well
What a shame for both of these lovely animals
I hope you will keep trying to contact Can and discover his whereabouts as I think he needs to know the situation
Would you email me via my profile with his number and I will try too
Also if you have an email that would be helpful
Merry Xmas Sue x

Offline shortlands

Help with Lady the dog
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 10:09:32 AM »
quote:

Hi Shortlands
I really think that Duran who has responsibility for Lady needs to be more responsible  Even if Cookie was neutered, Lady still escapes from the villa  
If I return her and put her on a long lead, she gets out again !! It seems that she is being let out rather than taken for walks
God knows if Cookie is being fed regularly or being taken for walks as well
What a shame for both of these lovely animals
I hope you will keep trying to contact Can and discover his whereabouts as I think he needs to know the situation
sue Can rang within 2 hours of my contacting onur he has also contacted duran it is as i thought duran has raised the level of fencing numerous times and feeds the animals every day Can has now decided that lady must stay on a lead.  
Would you email me via my profile with his number and I will try too
Also if you have an email that would be helpful
Merry Xmas Sue x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf