Author Topic: Streaming uk tv Test  (Read 5220 times)

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
Streaming uk tv Test
« on: May 18, 2008, 20:20:52 PM »
Hi All

I am Thinking of starting A Sling Box Host, This Means that you will be able to get uk tv Via the internet. I am testing a stream at this moment for those interested you can for free access the stream we are sending.
We are streaming over 260 tv and radio BBC1 ITV Sky Sports Etc All I Need is your feed back regarding quality you will have full control of the box. The movie channels require a pin which is 1234 please do not abuse give other people a chance to see this otherwise I will close it.

The test will be for 1 week, you will need to down load the sling box Desk top player
For windows and mac down load from this page http://downloads.slingmedia.com/go/desktop-uk

Alias Is Garys
Finder Id is 6BCBF639-A513-7F4296D9-AE40-66A9914E
Password is 0987654321
Administrator is NOT Ticked

At this moment I do not have the time to answer questions, if you have a problem working the sling box media please read the information on their web site but would like the feed back good/bad alike Pleas not that only one person @one time can access this demo please be patience

Thanks have fun

I deleted the other post as it was the same message :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 22:56:42 PM by stoop »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Streaming uk tv Test
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 18:36:54 PM »
Hi Gary.......just caught the end of Mrs Bucket and The start of The Good life. Picture quality was adequate,fairly good colours and just a little fuzzy at the edges.  I would accept this for what it is but if the picture was on my TV I would not accept it. This was on a 15"monitor,  I dont think the picture would go much bigger without loss of quality.  Sound quality through external speakers was OK.
This was streaming UK Gold....I assume that was the only channel on the Demo as I could not access anything else. :)

Offline ECHOSTAR

Streaming uk tv Test
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 21:57:21 PM »
Hi Brian thanks for the comments, seems that i could use a better upload speed than what i am using, you have full control of the box which carries BBC/ITV Movies And Sky Sports ETC approx 260 Channels the remote appears when you move your curser to the left of the picture and then the picture reduces in size to show the remote.
picture quality on a normal tv should not be a problem iam bringing back a svga to RGB Converter which also resizes the picture so possibly start with a smaller picture on the pc with better definition then play about with the converter

all Comments received with thanks

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Streaming uk tv Test
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 22:03:47 PM »
I tried it last night and got all the channels and radio stations - I ticked an admin box I think when I couldn't get connected. Quality comments almost exactly the same as Brian's - perfectly watchable on the old lappy but it will probably struggle on a larger screen as it is right now.

Offline ECHOSTAR

Streaming uk tv Test
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 22:33:11 PM »
Thanks alot keith For reports as i mentioned above will do some more test when i am back in fethiye

Please Keep comments coming

Ps Who was watching the Adult Channel ;)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Streaming uk tv Test
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 23:19:16 PM »
I was watching it but not through choice (not after 3 minutes anyway!). I kept switching to BBC but it kept going back to either Adult or GemTV (Online shopping)!!

Steve

Offline ECHOSTAR

Streaming uk tv Test
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 23:27:12 PM »
Thanks Steve

someone here was playing around with a remote as i got two boxes using the same frequency will try to screen the box in question

Offline 30021190

Streaming uk tv Test
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 15:01:23 PM »
pretty good, looks bad full screen on 19" screen.

Looking forward to it full time and maybe more usres?

Offline Eric

Streaming uk tv Test
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 20:47:19 PM »
Downloaded fine but maybe I am being dense as when I tried to select a programe to watch it just went to set a reminder...this programe has started etc etc....could not watch anything live. Is it because of the time difference here in Turkey.
Great idea though.
Fi

Offline ECHOSTAR

Streaming uk tv Test
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 21:51:51 PM »
Hi Fiona

Just checked it to make sure there is no problems its still working ok possibly your download speed have another play remote control is on the left hand side if you move the curser across

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf