Author Topic: Visa / Residencey Prices  (Read 9833 times)

Offline starman

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 13:47:12 PM »
might work in the provinces but its the law here. Things usually take time to filter down to the south.
At one time you needed a tax number to open a bank account but those down south didnt.
Now you need a residence to open a bank account but some still manage to do it down south but for how much longer?
Regulations are made but it always takes a good 6 months or so to filter to the provinces.

Offline Firo

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 14:32:14 PM »
My legal translator made enquiries a few weeks ago about the anomily that you need a residence permit to take your car out of Turkey but not to buy one.
He checked with Istanbul, Ankara and it was confirmed that YES you can buy a car without a residence permit but you cannot remove it from Turkey without a residence permit.
The law was apparantly changed approx 2 years ago for purchases but as per the norm here the the removal one hasn't caught up with this fact.
I also know lots of people that have purchased cars without a permit so I think the fact that we are in the "provinces" has no bearing on the facts.
Fi

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 14:53:51 PM »
And possibly as GordonA pointed out not so long ago, you can't SELL it without residency? Best buy one of those "cars for life" :D

Offline starman

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 14:57:30 PM »
As I said, the emniyet will not issue a ruhsat in Istanbul without a residence permit. Period.

Offline moonfleet

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 12:27:57 PM »
<sigh>

I'll lock this topic from March 2009

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf