Author Topic: Road tax bill out of the blue  (Read 19610 times)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Road tax bill out of the blue
« on: December 01, 2009, 20:14:50 PM »
Friends and neighbors of ours have just visited the belediye to pay the half year council tax and were presented with a bill for 866.00tl for so called road improvements.The so called improvements would appear to be the tar and gritting carried out earlier earlier in the year.They were told that if they paid by end of the year they would get a 25% discount.As they had the money to hand,thay paid on the spot.They asked if this levy applied to turkish people as well.The answer from the clerk was," they will pay a little" :o! Interpret that as you will.
 The people concerned live in a duplex,so the residents below will presumably receive a similar bill.Extending this thought,the people across the road will pay the same,so a piece of road no more than 10 metres will cost 3364.00tl to grit.
 The somewhat bigger problem will be,that property owners not in residence will be posted a bill at the end of the year for the full amount.Apologies if this is in the wrong section,but I thought it would attract more attention more quickly.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 20:48:11 PM »
It wasn't so long ago that the belediye were the target of expat moaning because of the poor state of the roads. They can't win can they? Maybe your neighbours thought their £90 a year council tax would cover it.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 20:54:12 PM »
All of the roads in Calis have improved a lot, either tarred or blockpaved, someones got to pay for it and as in life its the people with money wherever in the world you may be.

Being a car owner John you should be more than happy.

Tinx

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 21:00:11 PM »
I understand that the roads have to be paid for but if everyone was paying it would bring the price down. Unfortunately we know that everyone will not be paying.  A bit of forward warning would have been nice instead of the nasty surprise when  we go to pay our taxes. Not everyone reads this forum. These days most of us would like the time to save up. In England everyone gets a bill delivered. I know that we are a long way off that yet but. a bit of fairness would be good for a change and yes I have a car.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 21:02:08 PM by mercury »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 21:10:40 PM »
I also would like to say that since the roads by us in Tasyaka were tarred and gritted that half of them have since been dug up, churned up by heavy vehicles on their way to the building sites or were so badly done in the first place that the tar and grit is barely visible.

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 21:22:09 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mercury

I also would like to say that since the roads by us in Tasyaka were tarred and gritted that half of them have since been dug up, churned up by heavy vehicles on their way to the building sites or were so badly done in the first place that the tar and grit is barely visible.

Here Here!!
Same as us on Profesor Mustafa Pekin Cadessi. Most of the through traffic is for the Saturday market and for short cuts from Fethiye up to Ovacek!!
When it rains we see half of our road disappear down the drains.

Offline kevin b

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 22:41:11 PM »
Why should some pay less than others[?]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 22:51:27 PM »
Tinx wants to pay less because captainjon has a car and he doesn't :D

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 23:12:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kevin b

Why should some pay less than others[?]

Yes that's the bit that bothers me.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 23:23:47 PM »
Honestly, one little desk clerk says something and it's gospel on here!

Do you really think people like Cenk or Mete pay a tiny amount and their British neighbour pays the lion's share?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf