Author Topic: Dongle in Fethiye  (Read 9205 times)

Offline kevin b

Dongle in Fethiye
« on: December 22, 2009, 18:06:53 PM »
We got a dongle today so will now be back on forum more rather than rely on bars internet.
The dongle is from Turkcell & dongle cost 140tl special offer,10tl for sim card,49tl for 4gb valid for 1 month & 5tl for registration if anyone is interested in one.
Vodaphone have none on stock but they were 99tl for dongle,15tl for sim,5tl for registration with 3 months access free with 1 mb limit then 35tl per month.Both dongles on payg.
Both shops oppsite new mosque on oneway system.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 23:54:44 PM »
At last !, thanks for that post Kev, though my daughter is back in England now, it will help others,  ;) we tried everywhere last year, even the Turkish folk never had a clue.

Offline kentish maid

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 14:24:01 PM »
Thanks - very interested in this as my husband continues to run his business whilst we are on holiday in Turkey generally for about 4-5 weeks in Spring and Autumn.  Any views on performance and are the costs likely to fall as mobile broadband gains momentum in Turkey? He's only interested in PAYG as we don't spend enough time in Turkey to take out a contract (sadly!).

Offline kevin b

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 18:51:20 PM »
Very pleased with performance upto now.costs have already dropped from when they 1st came available so may go lower.the one I got was on special offer so do not know full price if there ever was one.contract ones are apparantly available to Turks or people with Res permit.

Offline dycedon

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 07:03:57 AM »
Can somebody clue me in, you can buy a dongle on PAYG for use in turkey when visiting cause that would be handy when over.

Offline kevin b

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 08:34:37 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by dycedon

Can somebody clue me in, you can buy a dongle on PAYG for use in turkey when visiting cause that would be handy when over.

that is what I bouught.let me know if anyone needs help to get one.

Offline janincalis

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 20:56:32 PM »
Yes im using the tcell pay as you go one too that last a month 4gbyt 49lira/ Excellent

Offline tonysue

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 12:18:20 PM »
Sooooo... if I used a mobile broadband dongle for 1 hour a day to surf the net , send and receive emails, look in at my fav site's, ( CBF) of course, how long would a 4gig- 49YTL PAYG last me?? I understand if I download music, movies and other large files the answer would be not long.

Offline kevin b

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 14:13:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tonysue

Sooooo... if I used a mobile broadband dongle for 1 hour a day to surf the net , send and receive emails, look in at my fav site's, ( CBF) of course, how long would a 4gig- 49YTL PAYG last me?? I understand if I download music, movies and other large files the answer would be not long.

based on my use so far for surfing the net & checking emails for a total of about 1 1/2- 2 hours daily I think 1 meg will be enough but turkcell deal is for 4 meg only but maybe they will offer a 1meg deal later.
downloading films,music & streaming tv will quickly eat up your megs.

Offline welshbrickie

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 17:28:39 PM »
is this the same thing that is advertised by vodaphone? 3G,We had that thing in the uk,Just plug in usb port and away you go.
Your given a meter that you can check so you dont go over your monthly limit.
WELL IF IT IS DONT TOUCH IT WITH A TEN FOOT BARGE POLE.
The meter dosent register everthing and we received a £200 bill after a months use,The meter registered under the allowance for the month,after lengthy explosive telephone calls we went to the trading standards and they said vodaphone were in breach of the wireless and telephone act.
We were going to court but we moved here before we could persue legal action.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf