Author Topic: Buzz Bar  (Read 14669 times)

Offline Emma867

Buzz Bar
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 12:09:27 PM »
I'm off to Olu in June for the first time and I can't wait!
Bit concerned about the broken glass on the beach and frothy surf though..!!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Buzz Bar
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 12:20:02 PM »
Emma  - I was on the beach a couple of weeks ago (it was hot and deserted - bliss !).  The tractors were out cleaning up the beach and they were making a good job of it.  So by the time you arrive I'm sure it will be sparkling !   As for the frothy surf - i think its worst around the lagoon end where water tends to sit for longer.  But I'm sure you will enjoy it - it shouldn't be too crowded in June (apart from Sundays!)

Offline Emma867

Buzz Bar
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2010, 13:06:46 PM »
Ahhh that's alright then! Pheew had a bit of a panic!
Is the Lagoon as beautiful as it looks on the net? I'm so excited x

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Buzz Bar
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2010, 14:20:53 PM »
It is Emma - a lovely place.  But also take the time to go to buzz bar in the early evening to watch the paragliders come in and the sun set.  its a lovely bar (cocktails are fab !) - wonderful to sit and people watch !

Offline Emma867

Buzz Bar
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2010, 14:24:38 PM »
Sounds perfect! I hear that the bars are pretty relaxed in Olu and that nearest nightlife is in Hisaronu. I take it the Olu bars are open reasonably late with a bit of music?

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Buzz Bar
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2010, 14:45:59 PM »
oh yes, absolutely Emma!!! Buzz Bar and neighbouring Help Bar are fab...relaxed but still lively and chilled....wish I was there now!!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Buzz Bar
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 15:13:37 PM »
Emma  - it all depends on how wild you like to get !!!! ;):D  Olu has lots of nice bars but is more relaxed than Hisaronu.  Personally I can't stand Hisaronu - but then I'm getting rather long in the tooth, and much prefer the chilled out vibe of Olu Deniz.  Hisaronu is only five minutes up the road (or rather hill !), so you have the best of both worlds if you like life revved up a little !!

Offline Emma867

Buzz Bar
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2010, 15:41:03 PM »
Hi Pookie lol I think I'm approaching the age where I'm too old for all night raves but not quite pipe and slippers yet!

Having the best of both worlds sounds ideal.

Offline Babadaq Bridge

Buzz Bar
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2010, 19:05:58 PM »
Hi Emma
I was out recently in Ovacik so visited Olu Deniz and was on the beach a couple of times. Apart from the main Olu Deniz beach, there's the lagoon beach, but also a bit further round a couple more beaches, so plenty of choice. My favourite one is Billy's Beach - it's a bit of a walk round from Olu Deniz but if you jump on a Dolmus that's come down from Hisaronu and ask if they're going on to Hotel Meri then you're right by the beach.  Billy's Beach has it's own beach bar and also in high season they will organise pick ups and returns. They also did a great Tuesday night barbq and entertainment last year so they'll probably do something similar this year.

Olu Deniz really does have a chilled out vibe in the evening, whereas Hisaronu is loud and lively but great fun and good for a change. Buzz Bar is very trendy and modern but my 76 year old quite hard of hearing mum said it was her favourite place we took her to last year - she said she liked being able to hear the music!  :) It's a lovely place to sit and watch the sunset, just like Pookie says. Lots of shops, bars and restaurants down in Olu Deniz, some with the turkish beanbag cushions to relax on with a drink watching the sun go down (how I wish I could be back there now).

You can also jump on a Dolmus to go up to Hisaronu/Ovacik, or further round to Fethiye, which has a lovely harbour with all the boats and also the fish market for great fish restaurants and other restaurants.  It's only about 20 mins on the Dolmus from Olu Deniz to Fethiye.  From Fethiye you can also go to Calis.

I could go on and on - but I won't.  Explore it for yourself, I think you'll love the variety of being able to visit so many places so easily on the local transport.

Wish I was there ....

Bridge
x

Offline Emma867

Buzz Bar
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2010, 10:25:31 AM »
Hi Bridge - thanks for your post!
It sounds amazing! Only hope the volcano eruptions don't cause any havoc with my flights.

I'm a big Seafood fan so Fethiye sounds great for me *belly rumbles*

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf