Author Topic: Road Tax  (Read 3559 times)

Offline brian evans

Road Tax
« on: June 29, 2010, 21:30:15 PM »
Hi All

Just returned from 2 great weeks in Calis I have a 2 bed apartment and we went to pay our council tax as normal ,we were expecting to pay road tax as were were told we would have to pay.

We were only charged our normal costs for the council tax and no charge for any roads ,when we return to our place and discussed with the others who live there fulltime they paid 210 lira each.

Has anyone else found this who dont live thers fulltime or is there another place for roads tax payments.

Regards

Brian

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Road Tax
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 16:42:46 PM »
No, you're just lucky.  We had to pay ours at the same time as we paid our council tax.  I'd keep quiet  :)

Offline IanK

Road Tax
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 17:57:43 PM »
Hi Brian,

if your property is a new build that may account for it. On our site some owners have paid road tax and some not - depending on when they received their Tapu.

Ian

Offline gford

Road Tax
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 13:37:31 PM »
Hi Brian,

When we were over in May we went to pay our house tax and found we had to pay around 700tl. Local council had applied road tax to our bill and because both our names are on the tapu it was applied twice ! We have had our property for 4 years and was a new build. There were some pretty upset locals in the tax office that day as well. Hope the UK councils dont get wind of this.

George

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Road Tax
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 20:24:09 PM »
Wish ours had been 210tl.  We'd to pay almost double that of some other apartments.  724tl EACH!!!
Even those on our complex like us, with two names on the tapu didn't pay that altogether.  It really is the luck of the draw with the road tax.

Offline janmack

Road Tax
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 23:09:53 PM »
Thank you Anne!  I've been trying to "explain" this to owners on our complex since the bloomin' thing started!!  No logic to it at all.[:o)]

Offline ezza37

Road Tax
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »
We too have just got back from Calis and also went to pay council tax etc. We were very lucky because we also only had to pay council tax!! On returning back to our complex, after speaking to other owners, we found that some of them had to pay road tax, yet we did not!!! As you say, there doesn't appear to be any logic to it at all.

Offline sadler

Road Tax
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 21:23:48 PM »
I have just been told that the road tax has been scrapped and that payments will not be refunded, they will be used against future council taxes.  Has anyone else heard this?[?]

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Road Tax
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 01:41:42 AM »
No so please enlighten us where you heard it.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Road Tax
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 01:50:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kenkay

No so please enlighten us where you heard it.

In a bar of course: :) ;)[:o)]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf