Author Topic: Estate agents fees  (Read 9444 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Estate agents fees
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 15:51:30 PM »
I think you got me wrong, I was not advocating viewing properties with an agent then contacting the seller privately.
The question I was asked;
view properties (like the UK) inform the agent yes I wish to purchase this is the name of my solicitor, agent tells vendor of sale and his commission is taken from the vendor.

We are selling our Turkish home, With Cenk (Interturk, to name but a few) I also actively advertise privately, however, when I get someone who wishes to view I contact the agent and introduce the person who wishes to view/buy they will then become that agents client, If that viewer does not wish to purchase my home but buys another from that agent, sobeit.

I WILL BE PAYING MY COMMISSION, I no longer reside in Turkey therefore this is not now practical option to advertise "FSBO no commission"     and I will be leaving everything in the hands of the agent.

ps.
I really can't be arsed about legalities in Turkey, now theres another question, do they exist, land of the genuine fake" [?]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Estate agents fees
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 15:57:31 PM »
I can't answer your question Loz. I can't even see where the question is :D

Offline rpg9000

Estate agents fees
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 16:17:07 PM »
I refer you to my email.........

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Estate agents fees
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 16:19:01 PM »
And I refer you to my :D

Offline umpy

Estate agents fees
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 16:33:59 PM »
Since I have been in Turkey and that is over 20 years, (I lost count after that... maybe 2 or 3 more)  it has always been the case that Agents charge at both ends, either for buying or renting.  When you go to an agent here, you are using their expertise and local knowledge and that as a buyer is what you pay for and if you get the right agent invaluable.  As a seller you pay for the marketing of a property.  It doesn't matter if you are Turkish or a Foreigner you pay the 3% at both ends.  Or you do where I work!!

As Scunner says, the Agent in Turkey does all the conveyance work, negating the need for a Solicitor, however if a buyer feels they need a Solicitor then we as agents are usually happy to work with them.  At our company before we advertise the property, we do a preliminary search, make sure it is unemcumbered and in an area where a Foreign person can buy, and if not we advertise the fact.

After the offer is accepted on a property, we draw up contracts, take buyers to the Notary and help with Tax numbers and Bank accounts.  After the sale, we then get the utilities transferred and also if the client needs help with small things we are there, so I think that is worth paying for.

As Scunner says, agents are there for the customer for years to come, most of our customers go on to do Maintenance contracts with us and as is happening more now, we are selling properties for people who were once buyers with us.

If you had told me 20 years ago I would be an estate agent, I would have laughed my bits off, however here in Turkey I have it in the most part a rewarding job.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Estate agents fees
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 16:52:09 PM »
"I did it without an estate agent and saved a lot of money"

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}29789

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Estate agents fees
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 17:38:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I can't answer your question Loz. I can't even see where the question is :D

Please don't shoot the messenger!  
The question asked of me was;
See a property go to view (at this stage the agent is working for the vendor) the viewer decides "yes" I wish to purchase, here is the details of my solicitor.
End of contact with agent, solicitor is now doing all the work.
What is the answer? does the agent still expect commission from the buyer?

Yes I know before you all go off on one again, the solicitor is doing all the work the agent would have done.  Members of the forum have often posted "Get a lawyer, you wouldn't purchase in the UK without one"
Now the question here is;
You pay the lawyer the fees for purchase, and do they then say "By the way you owe me an extra 3% on top my legal fees".

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 17:39:43 PM by loz »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Estate agents fees
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 17:45:15 PM »
If an agent showed you the property initially then you pay their fee. If you prefer to also use a solicitor you pay their fee too.

Simples :D

Offline rpg9000

Estate agents fees
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 17:47:30 PM »
quote:
See a property go to view (at this stage the agent is working for the vendor)

I think this is where you go off the rails - the (same) agent works for both the seller and the buyer in Turkey. That's just the way it is!

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong, in which case I'll go away and sulk for a day or so........
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 17:51:23 PM by rpg9000 »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Estate agents fees
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 17:52:33 PM »
Yes, that is correct. We sell for sellers who want to sell to buyers who want to buy. A service to all  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf