Author Topic: Dog Owners in a Shared Complex  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Arbo

Dog Owners in a Shared Complex
« on: January 09, 2011, 19:44:29 PM »
Can anyone advise on the law in Turkey regarding dog owners in an apartment complex. On of our neighbours has just brought a puppy, which apart from being an agressive yappy thing is allowed (or should I say encouraged, as he just lets it out)by the Turkish owner to foul the footpaths and grassed areas around the pool and complex.

I have been told that Turkish law prohibits dogs on a shared apartment complex but am unsure how to take this forward.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 21:11:45 PM »
According to the law owners of dogs must get the "permission" of all other property owners before they introduce a dog onto the complex. However, getting the law enforced could be a problem. I think your first stop should be at the Zabita offices in Fethiye.

Offline Arbo

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 20:04:15 PM »
KKOB,

Thanks for the reply. Can you advise what the Zabita offices are and where I can find them in Fethiye. At the moment we are back in the UK, but plan on returning in May.

Anybody else got any ideas?

Regards

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 21:33:08 PM »
or a shovel full of the poo on his terrace may do the trick ;)

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 06:42:54 AM »
Anne.. tried that one with my neighbour, day in day out worked after 6 months can you believe!! He has finially started to take responsibility of his dog being loose in the garden, jumping off the terrace and chasing all and sundry down the garden path..... after I brought my Staffie home :D

Arbo, you will find the Zabita office inside the belediye building, which is behind Migros (old carrefor) in Fethiye. The zabita office is directly to the left as you go through the doors (you still have to go through the metal detector)

Offline Arbo

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 10:19:15 AM »
Thanks for your replies. I am trying to get other occupiers of the complex to act in my absence, but if that fails I will visit the Zabita offices when we are back in May, (will I need a translator to help me?) and if that fails it will have to be the shovel full of poo!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 11:55:18 AM »
The current head of the Zabita in Fethiye, can't remember her name, speaks excellent English.

Offline busybee

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 12:30:58 PM »
Her name is Halima

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 21:51:04 PM »
Thoroughly agree with KKOB.use the Zabita.Using the other method could be painful, if you have a majority of Turkish residents who are friends together.If the complex is run on the condominium rules basis, a complaint to the manager should stop it,but once again if you are in the minority beware!

Offline Arbo

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 20:23:24 PM »
I have been off-line for a while, but thank you all for your help. I don't think we will be in the minority, we get on well with all of our Turkish, French & English neighbours, unlike the German/Turkish dog owners.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf