Author Topic: Paying Bills  (Read 3183 times)

Offline AndyLin

Paying Bills
« on: January 15, 2011, 08:32:06 AM »
If anyone has resently paid either a electric or water bill in the little shop opposite Bombay Corner in the last couple of weeks please be aweare that there was a "computor problem". My dad paid his bills there 2 weeks ago and yesterday the elec guy came to cut them off as not paid, went down yesterday, still hadn't transfred money. Going today to see if bills paid, if not will be a trip to the police station with all receipts

Offline Fastlady

Paying Bills
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 09:50:54 AM »
This happened to a friend of mine a few weeks ago too - yet stupidly I paid my electric bill there last week!  Apart from going into the shop, or waiting till my electricity is cut off, is there any way I can check to see if the payment has gone through yet?

Do the same problems arise at other 'fatura' shops, ie, the one in Gunlukbasi?

Offline Aaitken11

Paying Bills
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:13:53 AM »
Same happened to us before xmas. We got our electric cut off after paying them early. Spoke to manager at aydem and he informed us not to use any of the futura centres. On saying that we paid our bills in Gunlukbasi futura centre for years without any problems.

Offline Arbo

Paying Bills
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »
I have been told that the safest way to pay utility bills and to make sure you do not get cut off is to set up direct debit (automatic) payments through your Turkish bank account. I have set my payments up recently. The process involved a ten miniute visit to the bank with my water and electricity account details - simples!

Offline grizabella

Paying Bills
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 11:22:19 AM »
I've always used the Fatura bank opposite the bus stop in Fethiye(The guy has his hair in a pony tail)and never had any problem in 2 years.

Offline brianthegardener

Paying Bills
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 17:15:29 PM »
You can always check your account at Aydem at any time on line by going on line and entering your account number in the "quick debt" box ... http://www.aydem.com/changelang.asp?lang=4

Offline AndyLin

Paying Bills
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
I use the Fatura shop in Fethiye, have done for the last 3 years with no problems. Have never used the one in Calis and after what happened to my dad I never will.

Dad's just phoned, used the link above to check his account, money STILL not paid in. Trip to the police coming up.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:04:32 AM by AndyLin »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Paying Bills
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 11:19:46 AM »
There are a least 10 Fatura shops in Fethiye.....so which one you are recommending is important

Offline posleeds

Paying Bills
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 23:36:14 PM »
Just checked mine on-line - first time I have ever used the shop in Calis - paid bill on 6th January there - money still NOT got through to Aydem.  Will be paying a visit tomorrow I think to see what's going on.

Offline Julesp

Paying Bills
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 00:14:21 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

There are a least 10 Fatura shops in Fethiye.....so which one you are recommending is important

Never had a problem with the one opposite the big Mosque as you get off the Calis bus in Fethiye, or the one near Migros crossroad near to Alem cafe,not tried others, I usually pay direct to whoever but when feeling lazy go to either of these

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf