Author Topic: Thomas Cook  (Read 5328 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Thomas Cook
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 18:08:57 PM »
Am I wrong, or has Thomas Cook just invented "Medium Haul" flights, never heard of that one before?
Gordy.

Offline col

Thomas Cook
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 18:22:48 PM »

I think you are right, if I remember correctly from all the times I have booked flights to Turkey, it was classed as a 'short haul' destination. But with Thomas Cook, as Loz rightly points out, nothing would surprise me from them. And no doubt, they and other airlines will not reduce this new fuel tax if or when the price of oil comes down again.
quote:
Originally posted by GordonA

Am I wrong, or has Thomas Cook just invented "Medium Haul" flights, never heard of that one before?
Gordy.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Thomas Cook
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 18:24:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by phil grundy

Hi all, does this added cost include flights booked previous to 1st march for 2011 or just new bookings made after 1 st March?

It was said on the News at lunchtime that it will only effect new bookings.  If you have already booked previously to 1st March there will be no extra charges ;)

Offline Chinook

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 20:47:44 PM »
Gunna. Phil

This is an extract from the link that I posted previously

quote:
t is being imposed on all bookings made from today (Tuesday) across all three season on sale - winter 2010-11, summer 2011 and winter 2011-12.

The company said: "As a result of the rising price of oil, and the subsequent increases in the cost of jet fuel (an increase of more than 40% in the last year), Thomas Cook has today announced that from 1st March, for all new bookings on its charter airline from the UK, a fuel supplement will apply.

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
Thomas Cook
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 21:59:09 PM »
that may be the case as far as TC are concerned but is it legal?? and also as no notice was given of there intention until the day it started therefore it is a clear case of up yours mr customer take it or leave it, back to rip off Britain once again, and as one has already said will the cost come down when he wholesale prices are reduced, if this is the case that the airlines hold out until pressured into dropping they prices like they did in 2008 we will still be paying these inflated prices for the rest of this year.

Offline Julesp

Thomas Cook
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 22:02:59 PM »
I just booked my son and familys flight for September,with Thomas Cook, it was actually cheaper than yesterdays quote by 70 quid :D
Turkey has always been classed as  medium haul flight. Anything over 4 hours and under 6 is medium haul with all airlines
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 22:05:46 PM by Julesp »

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Thomas Cook
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 22:33:42 PM »
We booked a one way with them last week, only because they were the cheapest by quite a bit, so will ours still go up, I will do my best not to book our return with them though, I cant stand them.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Thomas Cook
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 23:00:23 PM »
Laffa, yours will not go up as it is on bookings from today.
Gunna, Whilst I am as miffed as the next person that they have put this increase on how can it not be legal? Why do they need to give notice.
When searching for flights you must be aware that the price fluctuates both up and down to meet supply & demand. I cant see why they would need to give a warning of imposing a new levy. Asda dont tell us that the price of beans will be rising tomorrow so why should the airlines?

Offline Julesp

Thomas Cook
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 23:24:45 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by GordonA

Gordy.

If you have ever flown with entertainment and inflight mag you will have seen some films are long haul only. medium haul or just short programmes for short haul flights,  Turkey has always been medium haul cos over 4 hours

Offline brianthegardener

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf