Author Topic: All Risk Insurance  (Read 1548 times)

Offline valleyboy

All Risk Insurance
« on: May 04, 2011, 07:53:15 AM »
We have had our Dask insurance with a company called AK Sigorta for the last 2 years, and they have recently given us a competitive quotation for our building and contents insurance, does anyone else have this type of policy with this company and can offer any feedback, I have done a search but cannot seem to find much about them.

With regard to building, contents and public liability insurance is the  general consensus that Intersure are the best option for this cover, as I am also waiting for a quotation from them.

Thanks in anticipation.

Offline Peter Bryant

All Risk Insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 09:30:49 AM »
Hi
  If you are resident in Turkey Intersure cannot cover you they can only
insure holiday homes , our neighbour in covered by AK Sigorta and recommends them.
Hope this helps
Peter

Offline valleyboy

All Risk Insurance
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 10:18:18 AM »
Thanks for the reply Peter, I am not a resident, and have read all the forum stuff written about Intersure over the years, so aware of that, haven't heard much about them recently, so wanted to know if they are still "top of the pops".

Encouraged by your neighbour being pleased with AK Sigorta, their quotation is competitive (much less than Intersure), I'm just waiting for full details as to the extent of cover they offer.

Thanks again  :)

Offline Dizzi

All Risk Insurance
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 13:32:01 PM »
One of the other owners on our complex put a claim in against Intasure only a few weeks, as when they went out their apartment was inhabitable due to dampness, funghi forwing, damp/wet beds, kitchen units destroyed etc because of all of the storms/rain they have had in Turkey over the winter.  The loss adjuster came out very quickly but they wouldn't pay out, they said it wasn't storm damage!!!  It's cost them an absolute fortune to repair/replace everything which should've been covered.

I am also with Intasure and found them to be competitive but am not so sure about whether we have done the right thing or not, if they don't pay out on legitimate claims!

Offline valleyboy

All Risk Insurance
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 14:15:37 PM »
That seems crazy, surely that's precisely why you have insurance ??

Interesting, thanks Dizzi.

Offline WendyA

All Risk Insurance
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 22:51:01 PM »
I have Intersure insurance and found out today that the recent storms have caused me a lot of problems.  The villa was finished last year and we bought it, furnished it and left!  Heartbreaking to see photos from the property management company today that show water having come in round window frames, from the roof and through patio doors.  Dizzi, did you find out why Intersure wouldn't pay up?  I'm hoping the developer will put right things, but I don't suppose they'll pay for any damage.
Anyone else had a similar situation with either storm damage or getting the situation addressed?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf