Author Topic: Roof Terrace Re-Tile  (Read 2810 times)

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« on: May 19, 2011, 17:47:27 PM »
Can anyone recommend someone who can re-tile our roof terrace.Our current tiles have lifted,and have been quoted 1367 Tl to re-lay new tiles.Area is approx 8ftx8ft.Tnks :)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 18:45:42 PM »
Ring Bayram his family do roofing along with most trades he is honest and reliable 0535 239 2334

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 19:35:16 PM »
Also suggest Bayram, one of his many brothers does tiling

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 02:12:32 AM »
i think bayrums prices have gone up alot this year
we asked him to take our shower off so we could retile and put it back on and he charged us 150ytl
and said 30ytl call out charge for both visits
i think i will look else where
but good workmanship priced himself off my list sorry

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 06:22:42 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by puma

i think bayrums prices have gone up alot this year
we asked him to take our shower off so we could retile and put it back on and he charged us 150ytl
and said 30ytl call out charge for both visits
i think i will look else where
but good workmanship priced himself off my list sorry

That as surprised me Puma I have had him out 6 times to do jobs at our new place this year two where only 20tl jobs and he as been to friends house twice the job was 35tl after two visits. He built me a shed which was 700tl less than the nearest quote. A friend had her bathroom redone his quote was 1400tl less than the the other.
On reflection could you get a tradesman to come out in the Uk at all hours for £12. I will stick with Bayram for his honesty and good workmanship.
Mark

Offline Phil

Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 13:59:02 PM »
Before you relay the tiles you should find out why they lifted ?
They wouldn't just peel off with out some reason.....
I had a very small similar problem which was caused by the grout failing and letting water into the concrete base.
This could be the same for you but it could also be a sign of some other issues.
"Treat the cause before you treat the symptoms"

(Sorry to be the pub bore on this one)

Offline farmer

Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 14:51:12 PM »
I am just as surprised as KaraokeMark by Pumas'comment.
Something or someone must have upset him a lot.

I had a leak develop behind the downstairs toilet washbasin taps. This only became evident when a damp patch appeared on the other side of the wall.

Bayram came promptly as usual, did all that was neccessary, including digging all the grouting around the source feed pipes, replacing the split section, re-grouting and refitting the taps.
All now appears well, his usual high standards maintained.The total cost was very little more than the call out charge Puma cites.
This was just a few days after Puma returned to the U.K., and the work was done to her neighbours house!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 19:36:40 PM »
oops posted twice:P
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 19:44:37 PM by puma »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 19:42:29 PM »
i am not questioning bayrams workmanship,but the price he charged and a call out charge never heard that from him before
out of the 150ytl he bought 15 tiles,1 bag grout and the adhesive.and the rest was to take the shower off the wall so the tiler could replce the tiles,he then came back and put the shower back on
the person who done the tiling got 60ytl which was reasonable because of all the work he did,which was more then bayram had done work wise
and what do you mean by your comment something or someone must of upset him??????????

Offline farmer

Roof Terrace Re-Tile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 18:54:56 PM »
Your first post on this topic said Bayram charged you 150TL. He came twice and the call out charge for each visit was 30 TL. Your second post said Bayram bought 15 tiles, one bag of grout and the adhesive and he took the shower off the wall and replaced it, when the tiler had finished his work.  Oh, and the tiler got 60 Tl for his work.
I think this is an accurate account of what you said.
So to sum up, the tiler got 4 Tl for each tile he replaced, all materials provided. =60TL.
Total cost you  quote is 150TL, leaving 90 Tl for Bayram, who visited twice ( for his removal and replacement of the shower unit and the bits and bobs of the plumbing kit used for this and also the purchase of the tiles, grout and adhesive. If you subtract your stated call out charges of 30 Tl per visit then it would seem to leave only 30 TL for Bayram to cover his labour charges and the cost of the tiles, grout and adhesive.

Bayram must have been upset to charge so little. In fact, out of his mind!

It looks like you got a good deal. Please correct me if I have misquoted you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf