Author Topic: BBC 606 Closing  (Read 1104 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
BBC 606 Closing
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
For those of you that are football nuts and need to get the up to date crack on your team then the demise of BBC 606 will be annoying. It closes at the end of the season due to cost cuts - so I guess we have another week or so until the playoffs are complete.

The good thing is there are alternatives springing up every day and today I found JA606 (Just Another 606). It's almost an exact copy of the old 606 so less withdrawal symptoms:D

http://www.ja606.co.uk/

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
BBC 606 Closing
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 11:24:50 AM »
Seems a very strange choice of things to axe, even if it is due to cost cutting..?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
BBC 606 Closing
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:48:07 AM »
I agree Keith. Surely it can't cost that much in the scheme of things.

At least JA606 will give me my daily fix in the new season.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
BBC 606 Closing
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 11:56:07 AM »
I should imagine the cost is minimal - there's plenty of other dead wood in and around the BBC that could, if scrapped, save a thousand times more.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
BBC 606 Closing
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 12:32:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I should imagine the cost is minimal - there's plenty of other dead wood in and around the BBC that could, if scrapped, save a thousand times more.

I would gladly volunteer to draw up a list of programmes and so called celebs that BBC could axe.  Let's start - non contraversialy - with Eastenders and Graham 'Bloody Annoying' Norton, anyone got any other suggestions to add to my list?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
BBC 606 Closing
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 12:51:11 PM »
The new programme "Don't scare the hare" on BBC1, but particularly anyone involved with the programme who failed to say "forget it" when they first heard the concept. How about regional news reporters, we could save a fortune - how many times does a story from your area make the main national BBC News, then 20 minutes later a different BBC Reporter, one from your region, stands almost on the exact spot that the BBC National news reporter did, to tell you the same story as you just heard but starting with "As you may have heard on the National News...". Yes I did, dickhead, go away!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
BBC 606 Closing
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 15:36:29 PM »
We tried a 'save 606' but they didn't listen.

Norton I would gladly get rid of. His salary alone is probably  more than the cost of 606.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
BBC 606 Closing
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 16:34:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

The new programme "Don't scare the hare" on BBC1, but particularly anyone involved with the programme who failed to say "forget it" when they first heard the concept. How about regional news reporters, we could save a fortune - how many times does a story from your area make the main national BBC News, then 20 minutes later a different BBC Reporter, one from your region, stands almost on the exact spot that the BBC National news reporter did, to tell you the same story as you just heard but starting with "As you may have heard on the National News...". Yes I did, dickhead, go away!

Ah Scunner I see that like me that you also like to talk back to the television.[^]  Some people find it to be a worrying behaviour.  Personally I find answering back very theraputic, particularly when I can, like you, start name calling.  Popular names in this household to label to these people include Mug, Ijiot, Chimp, Chump, Wally, Prat, Plum, Nob and of course the ever popular Dickhead. Plus a whole lot more not suitable for these family friendly pages:D:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf