Author Topic: A Bad Dolmus Ride  (Read 5735 times)

Offline wolvesfan

A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 20:05:11 PM »
Brian.
Just noticed a post on another forum:
Quote:  (As usual when embarking on a dolmus from H. to OD we had to stand, not too crushed tho'. However when arriving at OD the driver stopped and told all "standing" to get off-it wasn't too far from our ultimate beach destination. He did this because he received a mobile call (they are never off them!) and from his conversation I understood the word "jandarma" "polis"
We walked down from the area of our premature disembarkation to view police checking all Dolmuses for over crowding.)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 22:31:49 PM »
Very interesting thread! Whats Alo179 are they some sort of ombudsman? Just asking cos I was waiting for the punchline at first as whilst I totally empahtise and agree its a horrible experience on that route- takes forever  is tedious and uncomfortable I honestly thought it was always going to be that way! Its interesting to see that maybe things can be done to change it !

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 23:37:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Cavfan

Very interesting thread! Whats Alo179 are they some sort of ombudsman? Just asking cos I was waiting for the punchline at first as whilst I totally empahtise and agree its a horrible experience on that route- takes forever  is tedious and uncomfortable I honestly thought it was always going to be that way! Its interesting to see that maybe things can be done to change it !

Cafan, have a look at http://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/44-news/4256-alo-179-visitor-complaints-hot-line-open.html

Offline brianthegardener

A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 04:37:14 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by wolvesfan

Brian.
Just noticed a post on another forum:
Quote:  (As usual when embarking on a dolmus from H. to OD we had to stand, not too crushed tho'. However when arriving at OD the driver stopped and told all "standing" to get off-it wasn't too far from our ultimate beach destination. He did this because he received a mobile call (they are never off them!) and from his conversation I understood the word "jandarma" "polis"
We walked down from the area of our premature disembarkation to view police checking all Dolmuses for over crowding.)

thanks for this ... maybe a step in the right direction ... just need a lot more checks on the Dolmus services up here.

Offline screamlead

A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 06:29:18 AM »
Something i noticed on all the Olu Deniz dolmuses is they all have 'cab/driver' cameras these days too. Maybe the jandarma need to stop a few and check the data streams - must be imagination though as i bet they are not switched on when they stack, rack 'em an pack 'em!!!
Maybe a few of us should take pics when overloaded and number plate ones to match and all send to 'alo179'???

Offline brianthegardener

A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 04:51:08 AM »
that sounds like a plan ... to take photos and report them to alo179..i now know of three letters of complaint re Dolmus`s that have been sent to alo179 in the last 14 days ... so hopefully we will see an improvement soon ... but who knows .. its Turkiye ..:P

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 16:37:28 PM »
Why not take a pic of the dolmus, and number plate, from the front, making sure to get the driver in said pic, before boarding? If he sees you taking the pic, it may discourage him from behaving like a complete Tw*T!!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 18:22:24 PM »
Or enrage him into running you over. Joking joking.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf