Author Topic: Turkish Condominium Law - Quick Guide  (Read 11693 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Condominium Law - Quick Guide
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 13:34:11 PM »
Karen, myself & the site manager wrote 2 x chase letters, which we had translated into Turkish. The first letter we send is a 30 day warning letter, this is followed by a 7 day warning. We send them by the equivalent of recorded delivery, so there can be no arguement that they weren't sent or received & we keep photocopies of the letters on file.

If these don't do the trick, we take the photocopies & the postage receipts to the solicitor (he was most impressed!). Serving court papers cost 50tl 18 months ago, but may have increased since. In addition, once court papers have been served, even if the matter does not go to court, the solicitor charges 17% of the debt recovered & this is a set tariff, so you will need to add this to the amount you need to recover.

We have only got as far as the solicitor regarding the one Turkish owner (twice), as even the slower ones pay up either on letter 1 or letter 2. Clearly he's now decided to tow the line, since this year he paid on letter 1.

Our financial year ends 31st March & by the end of April, we had arrears of just 45tl; as this is split between 2 owners, we have decided to write it off. This is in marked contrast to 6 years ago, when we first went "legal", when arears ran into several 000 tl

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 17:09:58 PM »
Just what I was going to say!

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 17:35:40 PM »
....and me   :)

Offline myvilla4rent

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 19:53:46 PM »
We have a situation in Ovacik where the developer still owns a number of properties on the site but we want to take control. Any ideas if this is possible?

Offline hillside

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 20:01:24 PM »
We have a situation in Ovacik where the developer still owns a number of properties on the site but we want to take control. Any ideas if this is possible?

What percentage does the developer own?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 20:06:39 PM »
As I understand it (and Liz101 is the expert not me!) no one owner can have more than a third of the votes - so even if he owned 11 of 20 for example he does not have a majority vote.

In fact, I think Liz told me that  :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 20:13:03 PM »
Well CBF has done it again, not only a very informative and useful thread, but it could not have come at a better time for me.  Thanks all.

Offline myvilla4rent

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 21:34:43 PM »
Well CBF has done it again, not only a very informative and useful thread, but it could not have come at a better time for me.  Thanks all.

Hi Pete  :)

What percentage does the developer own?

Less than 50% not sure how much exactly

Offline janmack

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 08:00:56 AM »

It was a bit disappointing last year, as our fully paid up member of the awkward squad paid up as soon as we sent him a 30 day warning letter, sent by mutlu post (the Turkish equivalent of recorded delivery) of course!!

This comment did make me laugh as it seems every complex has their "awkward squad"...thank god it's not just ours  ;)

Offline karenr

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 09:28:34 AM »
As I understand it (and Liz101 is the expert not me!) no one owner can have more than a third of the votes - so even if he owned 11 of 20 for example he does not have a majority vote.

In fact, I think Liz told me that   :)

that is soo right.......so thats good for us English x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf