Author Topic: Turkish Condominium Law - Quick Guide  (Read 11694 times)

Offline karenr

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 09:34:02 AM »
We have a situation in Ovacik where the developer still owns a number of properties on the site but we want to take control. Any ideas if this is possible?

we had the same with 2 out of 10 that the developer owned........set up the committee and.......bish bosh.....they paid in full...... they have no escape when its legal....go for it. If you need any tips PM me.......I dont know it all but what I have done is now legal and there all paying.happy days

Offline karenr

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 19:23:40 PM »
Karen, myself & the site manager wrote 2 x chase letters, which we had translated into Turkish. The first letter we send is a 30 day warning letter, this is followed by a 7 day warning. We send them by the equivalent of recorded delivery, so there can be no arguement that they weren't sent or received & we keep photocopies of the letters on file.

If these don't do the trick, we take the photocopies & the postage receipts to the solicitor (he was most impressed!). Serving court papers cost 50tl 18 months ago, but may have increased since. In addition, once court papers have been served, even if the matter does not go to court, the solicitor charges 17% of the debt recovered & this is a set tariff, so you will need to add this to the amount you need to recover.

We have only got as far as the solicitor regarding the one Turkish owner (twice), as even the slower ones pay up either on letter 1 or letter 2. Clearly he's now decided to tow the line, since this year he paid on letter 1.

Our financial year ends 31st March & by the end of April, we had arrears of just 45tl; as this is split between 2 owners, we have decided to write it off. This is in marked contrast to 6 years ago, when we first went "legal", when arears ran into several 000 tl

thank you very much for this info...very useful and helpful

Offline Chinook

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 10:25:44 AM »
1. send invites to all owners for an extraordinary meeting. The reason its extra ordinary is because your calling it outside the standard 1/1 each year date (that funnily enough, none of us Brits ever knew about) You can do this via email invite for who you are in contact with. If you have Turkish owners or other nationalities on your complex and have their email address you can invite the same way.

I would suggest that any meeting called by E mail is open to challenge as it is not one of the two formats stated in the act; indeed there is the question as to whether they are acceptable legally as a record in Turkey; its only relatively recently that were accepted by the UK courts.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf