Author Topic: transfering money back to the uk  (Read 2500 times)

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
transfering money back to the uk
« on: September 08, 2011, 06:40:18 AM »
Hi, on the sale of a turkish property I assume the money from the sale would be transfered into your Turkish bank account for example finansbank, is it straight forward to then transfer the money to your bank account on britain, also if you were to keep it in finansbank then decide to transfer the money at a later date say 12months, would you have to return to turkey to do this or can it be done from the uk, thanks

Offline peecee

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 09:07:18 AM »
Don't think you can close an a/c without being there.  You should be able to transer some money (but there would be limit, TEB was 50000tl)

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 10:16:06 AM »
If you are selling to someone in the UK you could have the money paid straight to a UK account That is how I sold my last apartment.

Offline bee

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 14:53:46 PM »
its actually turkish people, who are supposidly paying into our finans account in turkey while we are over, then us transfering all moneys from the sale to our uk account, is this the norm???? just wondered if it was worth letting it gather some interest for a while

Offline phil5257

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 15:27:47 PM »
The exchange rate is still 2.82 today which is still quite high if you change it back to sterling. You could leave it and hope the rate drops but I suppose there are risks that the rate might go up!!

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 19:13:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by bee

its actually turkish people, who are supposidly paying into our finans account in turkey while we are over, then us transfering all moneys from the sale to our uk account, is this the norm???? just wondered if it was worth letting it gather some interest for a while

Completely normal, I would keep in Turkey untill the lira gets a bit stronger.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 22:23:17 PM »

Remember if you keep it in a Turkish bank there is a maximum guarantee and anything over that limit would be lost if the bank was to fail. So you may have to spread it round.

There is no guarantee that the TL will gain against sterling.If we all knew what the future rates were to be then we all would be speculating and making loads of money. You take your chance with the exchange rate.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 22:36:10 PM »
Yes that's right and assuming you are selling at a sterling price (that you are happy with) but getting that paid in lira, consider playing it ultra safe and changing it immediately into sterling. There is big money to be won and lost speculating with tens of thousands of pounds, especially in these volatile times. A pound in the UK is always worth a pound, irrespective of what other currencies are doing!

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 22:46:29 PM »
Are you sure that they will be paying in your bank account?

A lot of Turkish prefer to pay cash upon the handing over of the deed.
And if they pay cash, it is also quite often in foreign currency.

Offline bee

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 14:39:38 PM »
mete from golden moon as agreed with the buyers that they pay in sterling, he has said that we will collect the cash,at point of deed exchange ect, just wondered about finans bank we have a sterling account and a lira account obviously I assume the sterling will be put in the sterling account, and transferd by finans to my uk account, is this a normal occurence with finans bank and will the transfer be safe, thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf