Author Topic: Burglary.  (Read 6647 times)

Offline Baznshir

Burglary.
« on: October 12, 2011, 17:46:35 PM »
On friday night at twenty past eight, we nipped out to get a meal and watch the football at the Barbella restaurant in Calis. At twelve fifteen, we walked back through our door to find that the house had been ransacked. The thieves had tried to break in through a bedroom door. the rear main door and apart from breaking the looks, were unsuccessful but they got in through a disused kitchen door after ripping away the shutters, that were well fastened, breaking open the locked and padlocked metal doors, the kitchen door and pushing away a big Ariston fridge freezer which covered the lot.
They took our English money, Bank cards, passports, drivers licence,flight tickets, lap top, jewellery, and other stuff.
Luckily we had enough Turkish money to pay the 750 lira for emergency passports and a few Lire left to get us through to the twentieth, when we fly home.
We are very lucky to have some good friends here and Andy and Pauline Trent (Tinkerman and wife) have been invaluable to us as have Judith and Ali.
I came over this time to chill out as part of my recovery from open heart surgery, earlier this year but now, I can't wait to get back home.
If anybody knows any of the guys that did us or if they should visit the forum in their quest for victims, I hope their fingers drop off and the go back to the holes from which they crawled. For all the honest folk out there, we have learned that security is nothing more than a bother to thieves and we are now thinking of leaving here for good.
Sorry to be such a moaner but this is the second time that we have been done.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Burglary.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 17:57:11 PM »
Horrendous experience.  So sorry to hear this story. Keep well.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Burglary.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 18:09:12 PM »
For those of you who don't know Barrie and Shirley, Barrie is the artist that donates paintings to the three c's charity every year for auction.
They are a wonderful couple and do not deserve to be put through this trauma, I haved watched them suffer over the last few days and my heart goes out to them, I really hope its not the last we see of them.

The police were on the ball and did their job, Barrie and Shirley were not allowed back into their house til gone 4am because the forensics were in there, then have to wait til Monday to go up to the police station in Gunlukbasi to sort out a list of items stolen at then to the Consulates office to sort out emergency passports and then on to the insurance office, Thank you Nikkie for all your help.

I wish I knew who was responsible[:(!]

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
Burglary.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 18:20:11 PM »
Yes Andy so do i. The ba-----

Bruce

Offline Fastlady

Burglary.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 18:29:27 PM »
A terrible thing for anyone to have to endure....and (at the risk of having my head bitten off again) seems to be more prevalent at this time of year!  

I sincerely hope that Barrie & Shirley don't let this scum put them off returning to what is, on the whole, a fantastic place with great people. My heart goes out to you both....

Offline Pi55y

Burglary.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 18:32:38 PM »
Barrie and Shirley, Pete and I are horrified and really sorry to hear of your ordeal. We have been away for a few days and only got back yesterday afternoon and as we did not have internet access whilst away, this is the first that we have heard of this. It must have been awful for you and very traumatic and certainly the last thing that you need after your recent health problems.

I know it is a bit late in the offering but if there is anything that we can do to help at all please let us know - anything at all.  Thank goodness that you had the help of Andy and Pauline and other friends to get you through when it happened.

You are one of the nicest and most generous couples we have met during our time in Calis and for anyone to do this to you deserves to be locked up for a long, long time.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Burglary.
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 18:53:57 PM »
Barrie & Shirley,

Really sorry to hear about your terrible ordeal, I know at first hand how you feel and what anger you have towards these scum, but step back and take a breath, it sounds like the police have done a good job and even if they don't get caught for this, they may well get them in the future and link them back to your robbery and pay the price.

Get yourself an alarm and don't let these people drive you away. I do wish you both all the very best.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Burglary.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 20:11:01 PM »
So very sorry to hear this has happened to you and your wife, particularly whilst you are trying to recover from major surgery.Please try to not let it drive you away, unfortunately it seems to be as another member said "that time of year" when the burglaries, attacks etc start happening. I am of late very wary of putting to much info on the internet not so much on CBF as I have encountered nothing but fantastic info, good humor and lots of banter, however I have become very wary of social networking sites as I realise I have been a victim of "grooming",by a Turkish person and can not believe how easily it was done, I now do not put to much info anymore on these "sites"
Really hope you and your wife recover in time from your ordeal and the people for doing this get caught and brought to justice.

Offline redsnapper

Burglary.
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 20:38:26 PM »
Very sorry to hear this news, I sincerely hope that these scum get what is due and you get a positive result.
Friends spent 2-3 nights in Hisaronu for a change this month, each thought the other had lockd the balcony door to the villa, on their return were horrified to  find that not only was the door unlocked but latched wide open leading to the lounge, lucky for them no one entered.

Offline june

Burglary.
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 21:55:31 PM »
I feel so terribly sorry for you Barrie and Shirley.....it's an awful thing to happen anytime, but even worse for you as you Barrie were recovering following your heart surgery.

I hope you are able to put this behind you as much as possible because for every piece of scum there are many very kind and decent people which you found out after the event.

Best wishes for the future.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf