Author Topic: !! ENGLISH !! premier league  (Read 1784 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
!! ENGLISH !! premier league
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 16:06:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

my guess is Chelsea will not buy again this year but Man U may have to as will Arsenal.

There's no may about it, the Gooners will need to spend again in January for a couple of key positions if they are to sustain improvement that will win possible cup trophies and or a top four finish.  As indeed if they get the chance they should be selling some of the underachieving, overpaid members of the squad.

Although I would very much doubt that we shall be looking to make the marque type signing in January, that sort of business is best done in the closed season, and definitely in the early part of the closed season.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 16:52:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Chelsea are the third highest point scorers in the Premier League history behind man u and Arsenal, if any teams are to make the step up to compete with these two and they have the opportunity they have to spend big to catch up which they have done, my guess is Chelsea will not buy again this year but Man U may have to as will Arsenal.

Abramovich took over Chelsea in June 2003,who had already finished 3rd in the league, nearly eight and a half years ago Des, so it wasn't 'all at once'

yes thats quite correct Andy, then the season started in august, now chelsea hadnt won the title for 50 years, but went on to win the following two, wouldnt you agree that was down to our russian friend buying it, and thats the guy who started the decline of football for sport and turned it into money business.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 20:54:09 PM »
or the man that broke the stranglehold on the premiership by the same two teams?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf