Author Topic: Illegally Built Houses to be Demolished  (Read 7129 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Illegally Built Houses to be Demolished
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »
Admittedly this was just under 2 years ago along the promenade in Marmaris but it does demonstrate the intent of the authorities in Mugla to do something - occasionally!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqokTB19_eY

Ian

Offline simpsons

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 13:06:27 PM »
Just watched the video. Are you sure it was Marmaris, and not downtown Beirut?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 21:24:45 PM »
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 21:25:38 PM by KKOB »

Offline jackstee

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 22:53:16 PM »
I thought that was where Marmaris was !

Offline ceni

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 13:51:59 PM »
They can whistle *king dixie if they think I will pay out 6000tl to help them demolish my house....they can go to the bas*rds that built it!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 13:53:49 PM by ceni »

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 10:56:17 AM »
This may be a silly question but I really don't understand...... why did the authorities issue Tapus for houses that were built illegally?  I was shocked by the article.  How do you know whether it's been illegally built if you buy from a builder and have a Tapu?  I thought perhaps it was just one builder but looking at the numbers there must have been more than one.  I feel so sad for the people who have purchased these properties in good faith.

Offline vinvola

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »
Please do not misunderstand this article. Any buildings involved in this story will not have a tapu. Any of you who are worried about your own property, there is no need to. Unless of course you don't have your tapu.
Many of the buildings involved are bars, restaurants and hotels that have been built many years ago and have been operating illegally.
I also add at this point that this story has been running for some time in the Turkish press and is no secret to anyone.

Offline ceni

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 14:55:11 PM »
Sorry, but it also involves homes that were built by large building companies that were in the area at the time that took money to build off plan without telling the buyers that there would not be a snowball in hells chance of actually getting your Tapu for the build at the time of building!!

Companies that lied through their teeth from start to finish about the buying process simply to get their hands on your money!
We have the Tapu for the land bought through Hanel Houses, and expected it to take a few months after moving over to Turkey 6 years ago to get the tapu for the house, but as we now know, years down the line the house they built is illegal. We've been told we should never of had electricity, or should never of got a telephone line either, but we have both, so work that one out.

There has been talk of the authorities making everything that has been built in Kayakoyu since their last bout of measuring etc to be made legal, but when they issued the new Tapu's a few weeks ago, they are just exactly the same as the old ones and just the plot numbers have changed, no mention of the house at all.

I guess we just sit tight and wait for the next installment of Sh*te from the "good old boy's" in Mugla!

Oh and....of course the next bout of fines, which again, they can go whistle dixie for!

There are 2 houses side by side in Kaya, both owned by Brits but one is in a Turks name, their fine 128TL the other couples fine 12.500TL.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 15:01:08 PM by ceni »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 15:36:17 PM »
As I've said several times before, a lot goes on in Turkey with a nod and a wink, a bit of influence from your mate in local government or up in Ankara and rules are flexed to accommodate things that really aren't quite to the rules. That's a lovely position to be in and can save (and make) fortunes. The problem is, people in powerful positions don't always stay there - and those coming through to replace them usually see things very differently and have a name to make for themselves. An effective way of doing that is to expose past instances of dubious approvals and seeking to right these previous wrongs.

Offline Kentcabbie

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 16:53:26 PM »
I remember the Marmaris incident 2 years ago, apparently the Mayor of Mamaris actally ordered the demolition of his own daughters restaurant,bet the next family meal was a corker.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf