Author Topic: Illegally Built Houses to be Demolished  (Read 7130 times)

Offline hoops man

Illegally Built Houses to be Demolished
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 18:31:15 PM »
Keith well said absolutely spot on . Happened to me. Got ok from belediye then went ahead with work and when completed or nearly a neighbour complained and the belediye still said its ok. She complained to Mugla who came down and over rided what Fethiye had said. Money down the drain and alot of fall outs. This was over  a roof that was 25cm higher than it should have been. My advice would be check check and double check before any work is done. The Turkish belediye (council) in my experience will let you do whatever and then deny responsability. Ofcoarse not in all cases but if their superiors in mugla get involved you are in trouble.

Offline Mr Pickles

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 06:29:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Admittedly this was just under 2 years ago along the promenade in Marmaris but it does demonstrate the intent of the authorities in Mugla to do something - occasionally!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqokTB19_eY

Ian

Nice peice of amateur video footage considering it was taken by an emu (bottom right about 1.20 mins in) :D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 12:54:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hoops man

Keith well said absolutely spot on . Happened to me. Got ok from belediye then went ahead with work and when completed or nearly a neighbour complained and the belediye still said its ok. She complained to Mugla who came down and over rided what Fethiye had said. Money down the drain and alot of fall outs. This was over  a roof that was 25cm higher than it should have been. My advice would be check check and double check before any work is done. The Turkish belediye (council) in my experience will let you do whatever and then deny responsability. Ofcoarse not in all cases but if their superiors in mugla get involved you are in trouble.

I must agree with hoops man. We have a block of apartments at the back of our house that we understand should have been two blocks of semi detached houses similar to the ones we have. The building plot was a lake and was filled in with lots of rubble - left to stand for a few months and then suddenly a block of 12 (I think that's the number) apartments were built.

After less than a year we noticed that they were starting to lean and now, after 3 or 4 years they are leaning terribly and flooding every winter. They also cause problems for us as the water keeps seeping into our garden which means we have to have a pump on 24/7.

My question is 'who gave the planning permission and why?' We have contacted the local council and they have done nothing. You have to feel for those that bought from this cowboy builder and now have apartments that are pretty much useless.

Offline vinvola

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2011, 15:11:02 PM »
I have seen this place and it is a mess. The part of the building furthest away from the road is now permanently underwater.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2011, 16:26:43 PM »
I think the builder has been taken to court but it's Turkey and we don't expect it to get resolved soon :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf