Author Topic: Worst Live Bands  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Eric

Worst Live Bands
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 10:39:23 AM »
Saw The Stones in 2006 at the Millenium Stadium. The 1st half of the concert was dire playing songs no one had heard of and the sound system atrocious.  At the break many people left the stadium and went home.  We thought about it but stayed.  The 2nd half was far better with songs everyone knew and the sound engineers woke up and sorted the sound out.  Overall it was average and far less than we expected.

Offline tonyb

Worst Live Bands
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 15:44:35 PM »
Eric, I may have been at that show,didn't they leave the roof on.  As a lifelong Stones fan,I'm surpised Jagger stood for the sound- did they actually do a sound check,I wander.They were brilliant at Twickenham on the same tour, The Bigger Bang,I think.Worse live band in the world - Yes, for exactly the same reasons as others have stated- musically perfect, could have listened to the Topographic Oceans album at home. Instead, I queued overnight, months in advance & then nodded off in the Birmingham Hippodrome.

Offline Eric

Worst Live Bands
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 16:19:22 PM »
Thats correct Tony, they did leave the roof closed.  I doubt if they did a meaningful sound check at all.

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
Worst Live Bands
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 00:22:47 AM »
Saw the Incredible string band a few years ago at the Sidmouth folk festival, they were so bad they emptied the arena after their third song, I pity those that payed to see them
 8)

Offline suehugh

Worst Live Bands
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 13:27:38 PM »
I think it depends whether you see the band live, prior to listening to a studio performance.If you listen to a record or dvd first, most bands can rarely replicate the perfect studio production.
My last live band was Cream in the last century.
Hugh

Offline welshbrickie

Worst Live Bands
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 17:39:48 PM »
does dennis davy and his daughter count???mind you the more you drank the better they got

Offline jonuzumlu

Worst Live Bands
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 20:00:49 PM »
Oh dear -THE STRING BAND were great favourites of mine years ago. I saw them live several times. Eccentric performances but truly INCREDIBLE:D 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf