Author Topic: Chickens kept o complex  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Farqie

Chickens kept o complex
« on: December 04, 2011, 21:11:45 PM »
Hi, We own an apartment near Calis, and our neighbours below us have started to keep chickens in the communal garden, we are not happy about this, plus they have erected a fence to keep the chickens in and the residents out! Does any one have advice or know the law, alternatively have a large roasting tin?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Chickens kept o complex
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 21:27:03 PM »
Well

First question is, who manages the complex - is it the original builder or have you set up a committee of your own?

Offline janmack

Chickens kept o complex
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 21:40:00 PM »
As Keith says...if you have a committee you are in a posistion to sort it out...if not, then I strongly recommend you get the ball rolling to get a committee organised...good luck.

Offline cheers

Chickens kept o complex
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 22:14:01 PM »
If it was me I wouldn't want the hassle of going through the committee and the delay it would involve.  I'd just ensure sure the chickens found a more suitable home to live in!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Chickens kept o complex
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 22:26:32 PM »
Easier said than done cheerso - my experience is that people who do things like this tend not to have much interest in doing anything for the common good on the complex they all share.

Offline Farqie

Chickens kept o complex
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 22:28:52 PM »
The committe is in pieces unfortunately , we ara a mixture of English and German holiday apartments, but mainly local Turks who who live there full time , the Turkish residents agree one thing with us when we have a meeting, but nothing gets done once we have all gone, has anyone else experienced this? And able to advise on a solution ? We are a complex of  13 apartments.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Chickens kept o complex
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 22:34:56 PM »
The solution is to set up a committee under condominium law - there are many people who know way more than I do about that here on CBF - you need a good solicitor and a bit of backing, that's all. When you say it is mainly Turkish living there full time and a mix of English/German apartment owners, do you mean the majority of full time residents are Turkish or in terms of ownership are there more English/German in the 13 than resident Turkish?

Living on a complex full time doesn't increase your influence in any way at all. What is the breakdown of ownership in the 13 units?

Offline Farqie

Chickens kept o complex
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 23:01:10 PM »
Thanks Scunner, 4 apartments are owned by English, 1 apartment is German owned, 3 apartments are Turkish owned and the rest are rented to Turkish residents but we do not know who owns them. I think the next step is a good solicitor to help us set up the committee because we just seem to be going round in circles , can you recommend a good trust worthy solicitor?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Chickens kept o complex
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 23:08:26 PM »
Yes I am currently asking for recommendations for English speaking solicitors recommended by English speaking English people  ;)

Definitely Ozlen Ozergin ozlenozergin@gmail.com and Sule Beder admin@sulebeder.av.tr - you won't go far wrong with either - many recommendations for both.

I'd assume this is a landowner/developer complex - the landowner has the land but cannot afford to build anything, the builder builds the complex and gives the landowner half(ish) of the units. This explains who the renters are renting from I hope.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Chickens kept o complex
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 23:09:19 PM »
Oh, and English speaking Scottish, Welsh and Irish people  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf