Author Topic: house break- ins  (Read 9083 times)

Offline grizabella

house break- ins
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 07:54:46 AM »
Had friends who were broken into a couple of days ago.Their car window was smashed at the back of the restaurant they were in first.Think this was a ploy by the burglers to keep my friends occupied whilst they robbed their house.They smashed the lock off the security grills on the patio door and got in that way.Yes,I also know of some people who have gone to Antalya for the Festive Season and told quite a few people of their plans too.There will always be someone waiting to capatalise on information like this.'Watch out!Watch out!There's theives about.'Remember that being a Government advert many years ago.People should bear this in mind.So sorry to here of your parents robbery,hope it hasnt tarnished their life out here too much.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
house break- ins
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 08:35:14 AM »
Yes grizabella they live next door to me and i heard nothing they were targeted .

Offline swimmer67

house break- ins
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 10:03:44 AM »
Hi All, many thanks for all your sentiments for my parents..  I was extremely upset knowing how hard they had worked to get here in time for Xmas to spend it with myself, ronnie and our 2 children not only for xmas but permanently..  Two childrens xmas's was close to being ruined, although they did think it was an adventure (as kids do).. I must add the police were superb!.. very thorough, unlike the rumours I have heard how useless they are sometimes, they worked hard and spent a lot of time with us, took plenty of photographs and samples of blood and fingerprints which the scum bags left.. They also mentioned about the car and house in the above post from Grizabella, mentioned it sounds very similar.. so with a bit of luck I do hope they get a DNA match and get them.. (a big maybe!) My parents are always very careful and also they did not advertise they were even going anywhere for xmas, so chancers they are.. probably saw the comings and goings, lights on and off etc.. and off xmas eve..  I can only say, I really hope the police come back with something positive!... as we all are still in good spirits and enjoyed the turkey butty (sandwich) we managed to ruster up late evening xmas day.. and the kids had some fun being fed treaties and playing games throughout it all..  so YES, we will not let those scum bags ruin everything... as the wine still flowed..!!... Thank you all again.. xxx

Offline hoops man

house break- ins
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 10:06:01 AM »
yes Keith these things are sometimes organised. every year it happens and in the summer also, especially targeting holiday makers who just arrive with the cases. its so easy for them. Being vigilant and ofcoarse keeping your guard up at all times regarding your whereabouts is paramount. Dave and Mary are handling it well but it was a massive shock and so upsetting. It happens all over the world but seems worse because we are in a very small area. Id like to say that they targeted the safe and went to amazing lengths to get in 1st smashing the window letting themselves into the bedroom and then crow barring the bedroom door which was locked and then ripped the safe from the wall which was bolted. These small safes i think are a waste of time and i would advise everyone if you have one to change to the larger type that you cant carry. Thanks for all the posts everyone.

Offline Libra

house break- ins
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 13:17:10 PM »
Using a few plug-in timers that switch some lights on and off at various intervals might help. Also leaving on some music hearable from ouside might be usefull when going out for dinner.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 13:20:08 PM by Libra »

Offline hoops man

house break- ins
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 18:07:49 PM »
Yes correct and i agree with everything you say Libra. The problem is i think, these people are professionals and know every trick in the book. Definaetly the lights are a deterent for the opportunist. just bin all the little safes and get a heavy one and i think that may help a little. Is there any neibourhood watch schemes going on at the moment in Fethiye Calis hisaronu etc? i would really like to know. I have a super heroe outfit and could put it to good use! Its done all over the world so next time you see someone running around in a hong kong fu ye costume it me.

Offline Julesp

house break- ins
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 20:41:48 PM »
I showed Yetis this post and he says hes not surprised. He moved to Antalya, I know not Fethiye but similar in its way, and his wife and daughter were visiting the next day arriving at 5 am at Otogar.

He moved in by himself on the 2nd floor and tried to stay awake to pick his family up, but fell asleep in front of the tv around 2 am

At 4 am his alarm went off and he got ready to go Otogar, thats  when he realised his phone and his wallet were missing, someone had broke in and taken them from his coffee table while he was there but asleep, he found his wallet complete wth his kimlik on the balcony below

This story is just to reassure people that it isnt just Yabanci or foreigners these people target, and also be on your guard all the time

Hoopsman I hope you are all able to put this horrible experience behind you and wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year

Offline june

house break- ins
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 23:13:08 PM »
So sorry to hear this most especially after all the trauma moving to Turkey, unfortunately there is scum everywhere...hope your partners parents manage to settle and enjoy their new life despite the shock for them.  Take care.

Offline flipper

house break- ins
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 09:33:09 AM »
Iam so sorry to hear of the break ins it is a lovely place to
live or retire in. Hope you will get over the awful people and hope
revenge will happen them.

Offline mac2010

house break- ins
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 08:28:19 AM »
its a terrible thing to happen to anyone and it is nearly impossible to stop even with bars and alarms.One thing that i did after the second time of being burgled was to get a deposit box at a bank.I keep all my valuables,paperwork ,passport,everything i do not need to keep indoors.And as we all have plenty of time on our hands it is not to much bother to go there when i need something.Even the good safes do not stop them if they can not open it they take it with them leaving lots of damage.Deposit boxes are available at all banks and cost anything between 75-400tl per year depending on the size of the box.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf