Author Topic: house break- ins  (Read 9082 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
house break- ins
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 09:16:21 AM »
No one can guarantee that a burglar will not target your property, but in nine cases out of ten a burglar will take the easiest option.  So a place with no outside lights, no window bars, no burglar alarm in a row of houses with all the said security measures will be perfect for a burglar.  Nothing is 100% burglar proof, but don't make it easy for them.  As for a safe, go to Eren Spot and get the large floor standing safe, which will take four strong men quite a long time to carry in, and if you have a house get it put upstairs.  

Offline hoops man

house break- ins
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 22:11:07 PM »
on the subject of safes. do you know some insurance policies wont cover you for goods in your safe over a certain value if your safe isnt 50k or more? Very interesting so please check your policies.

Offline swimmer67

house break- ins
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 12:43:19 PM »
I would just say pass the word around.... there are quite a few being broken into at the minute.. On xmas day in the police station a dutch couple were arriving, they had been broken into in Calis..  also 2 in koca calis and more.  And we were also told via an offical source there are English involved.. which is just as sickening.  Also two days ago, another attempt on my mum and dads complex at 4am in the morning, tried to get into the turkish guys appartment ground floor (and he was in)..  on mum and dads complex there are plenty of lights, lots of security which still does not stop them..  A DOG!!! would be my best option and we have two, no one dares come near the place we live in. We have a doberman and labrador, both do their job superbly - not yappers, they only bark when need to..perfect!...  and thanks again everyone for the advice and sympathy.  Good idea regarding the bank safety boxes, thank you xx

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
house break- ins
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2011, 12:56:17 PM »
Thank you for your email earlier Sue, did not realise it was you when I emailed you re the swimming before :)Truly sickening to think English people are involved as well, and also really worrying they tried to get in to the Turkish chap's. we would normally be there this time of year but Derek had to go back to work between Xmas and New Year so no doubt we would have been targeted as well if we were out. Hope your mum and dad are ok and it has not put them off the complex.Happy new year to you all. :)

Offline swimmer67

house break- ins
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2011, 13:24:40 PM »
Thanks Karen.. yep, what a shame and it is one of the best complexes around, very nice people own those properties, all hard working people or retired. It hasn't put them off, they are extremely shattered doing all the running around, even with the help of myself and Ronnie.  They are still in very good spirits though as usual cracking jokes, between Dad and Ronnie, we have still been crying with laughter... His famous statement from Dad.. "f*****g hell, we've done a million car bootys in the UK, house sale, sold everything, spend to get our stuff over to Turkey, get here and the horrible persons rob me, may aswell sold the blooming lot in the UK!"  so some things are funny...  Thanks again Karen and hope you and Derek have a fab New Year.. take care and see you sometime xx

Offline swimmer67

house break- ins
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 13:26:51 PM »
aaah I see the forum has changed the word "B******S to the "horrible persons"...  quite mild Keith.. apologies for the name calling.. I could of thought of worse words.. sorry again!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
house break- ins
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 13:32:52 PM »
It is no problem, no need to apologise for that is what they are - the scum of the Earth who won't work but think they can help themselves to the things other people worked hard for. To just explain, we allow young people to join the forum and because of that we need to use a swear filter. Nobody feels the need to turn it off now and again more than me  ;)

Also, nice to hear that the disappointment and upset has turned to one of our greatest assets as a nation - gallows humour.  :)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
house break- ins
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 17:09:17 PM »
I think the phrase "English people", as applied here, should be "moderated" to British people, how does any one know that they are "English", & not Scots, Irish, or Welsh? Also, it is a little naive of members to think that thieves will only steal when in their own country, a bloody thief will still be a bloody thief when on holiday !!

Offline swimmer67

house break- ins
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 17:38:37 PM »
Very true Gordon, however the official source said English.... the offical source is connected to helping with the burglaries whom are experienced..

Offline March girl

house break- ins
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 19:44:00 PM »
Your parents must have been gutted by this. I know what you mean as well about basically advertising absence from home by way of holiday etc, I have friends who do it all the time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf