Author Topic: Electricty and water  (Read 1664 times)

Offline gooner59

Electricty and water
« on: January 01, 2012, 15:46:01 PM »
We bought an apartment in October 2011, I have opened a bank account with the GarantiBank and have sufficient money in the account to cover all monthly bills. However, I thought that I had set up DDs for my Water and Electricity bills but no money has been taken from my account. I am assuming that I've been cut off. Can I have some advice please on who I need to contact to pay the bills as I'm not in Calis until May and how I set up the DDs? I've tried the Bank via email and got nowhere. Any help and advice will be great.

Offline TheBruces187

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 16:24:17 PM »
Hi Gooner. I don't bank with Garanti but guess most banks operate in a similar way. When we set this up, our bank didn't have the faculity to pay water bills but they now do. What the bank needed was the tesisat number (account number, I think)and this needed to be done in the branch at the time. If you have internet access to your bank account, you might be able to get it sorted via that route. I am sure others will have more current and detailed information about Garanti specifically. Good luck with sorting this out.

Offline tonysue

Electricty and water
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 16:29:29 PM »
Aydem website will show you the status of your account and if anything is due. You will need your abone number. Garanti bank takes a while to update and start paying the DD but you should be able to pay online if you have internet banking. The water wont cut you off for non-payment.

Offline gooner59

Electricty and water
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 16:38:25 PM »
thanks Tonysue and Bruces, I'll give it a go and see if I can get sorted, if it needs sorting :). Really appreciate your time in responding

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Electricty and water
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 16:53:22 PM »
I also bank with Garanti. Found the process of paying by dd quite easy once I'd negotiated the websites English translation "foibles". If you need any help email me directly & I'll try to type out a click by click process for you.

Offline martinp2502

Electricty and water
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 17:18:12 PM »
We also bank with Garanti and they have paid our DD's for a few years, but for some reason didnt pay the last water bill. They also didn't pay our neighbours and when he went in to query it the girl said she didn't know why it hadn't been paid! So there may have been a general problem for the last water bills.

We have recently set up a Digiturk DD and this all went through smoothly 2 days after it was set up. As has been said you just need the abone number.

Hope you get it sorted, Teresa

Offline gooner59

Electricty and water
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 13:00:35 PM »
Woohoo! :D I have now paid my outstanding electricity bills - big thanks to all for the help. I shouldn't be so excited paying my bills, me thinks.  :-\

Still have a question regarding the water - is the institution "Fethiye SU"? If so is it normal that you don't get water bills for months?

Thanks again ..... Rob

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Electricty and water
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 13:26:50 PM »
Yes, still Fethiye su, they leave the bills by the water meter for the property. They come every 2 months, my last one was dated 16/12 & is due today. Don't worry if you can't pay on time, they don't cut you off & there's only a small fine for late payment

Offline gooner59

Electricty and water
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 13:31:27 PM »
Great stuff Liz - thanks & I believe I've now set up DDs, I did need the help of Google translation though!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf