Author Topic: Unpaid Site Fees Owner or Tennant?  (Read 1516 times)

Offline joan

Unpaid Site Fees Owner or Tennant?
« on: January 10, 2012, 07:55:19 AM »
We have a problem with unpaid site fees.We have a turkish family who have not paid their site fees for 12 months plus the extra money we pay for the pool ect. This family rent their house from a turkish owner, does anyone know if the ownwer would be responsible to pay the debt if his tennant hasnt paid? Also there was also another turkish family who did ot pay the site fees and pool money for two years which ammounted to a lot of money.They eventually left but did not pay the oustanding debt,we are almost sure these are not two isolated cases .We have long suspected that some people were getting away without paying and we were subsidising people.The only way we have found this out is because we have all been asked to pay yet again extra money  as a one off payment because there is not enough money in the account to pay the site bills.Our manager is turkish and we have asked her on many occasions if we could be given a monthly list of all the houses telling us exactley what each house has paid each month but she said this is not possible but we think we should be able to have these.We have got an extra site meeting next Sunday to discuss the situation.Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 12:14:44 PM »
Depends some oweners add it to the rent and pay it themselves and some leave it to the tenants.  Quite often the Turkish families don't like paying as they say they do not use the pools or communal areas. Good Luck sorting it out - I think I would be refusing to pay extra until the site Manager could provide statements of who has paid what and collected the outstanding monies from the non payers.

Offline FrankStanley

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 20:43:00 PM »
If you have a constitution and management plan, this would state who is responsible for communal fees.Our site has the owners as being responsible for payment.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 20:59:17 PM »
Ultimately, according to Conduminium Law, it is the owner's responsibility to ensure that site fees are paid. If the owner then wants to get his tenant to pay, then it's up to him to sort that out & nothing whatever to do with the complex.

As for the manager saying that it is not possible to give a statement of who has (or hasn't) paid, that's garbage. As Treasurer of our site for the last nigh on 7 years, that's exactly the records I have to keep, along with all receipts for payments & I've been advised that everything has to be kept for 5 years for the taxman
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 21:00:00 PM by Liz 101 »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 21:01:35 PM »
That is true Liz. I keep a record of everything spent and I send out accounts every year. We dont actually have a committee because we have been very lucky so far not to have needed one. We have friends who are in a block of 6 so I dont think that the law covers them? there is a Turkish owner on the top floor who rents out his 2 apartments to tennants. He has never paid a Lira in the 3 years it has been built despite visits to solicitors etc. He always says he will pay and then doesnt. The other owners are at their wits end. If they want the pool open of couse they need to carry on paying. The Turkish tennants are of course using it when the others are in England and they use the garden all year round.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf