Author Topic: Emulsion paint  (Read 6162 times)

Offline Carolyn1957

Emulsion paint
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 05:46:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sus

Well I found a company selling the Freestanding Roll Top Baths in Fethiye and by the size of them think they will be around 2cm longer then the width of my bathroom, now that is what I call sods law, right, now back to Emulsion paint and to check my emails in-case bossy Loz has sent me one.

Blimey Loz - nosy AND bossy now! I have visions of thigh boots and whips. Hmmmm. Watch out Gordy!

Offline Sus

Emulsion paint
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2012, 06:21:25 AM »

[/quote]

Blimey Loz - nosy AND bossy now! I have visions of thigh boots and whips. Hmmmm. Watch out Gordy!
[/quote]

No they are just the old fashioned black thick soled rubber wellies, the ones like Compo used to wear, but they have the big toe cut out of one of them.

Offline barry44544

Emulsion paint
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2012, 13:48:26 PM »
Where was the company in Fethiye with Roll top bath?? info please.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Emulsion paint
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2012, 16:10:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sus

quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Hi Sus, If you are looking in Turkey or a Muslim country don't think you will find one from what I know using a plug to contain water was not done.
If you are looking in the U.K. you will find lots of antique and second hand roll tops. (antique meaning over 100 years old) In my business I see them being sold and they are cheaper than the reproductions.  The old ones are quite heavy as they were cast iron. Reclaimation yards in the U.K. are the best place to get them, but I would image they would cost quite a lot to ship.
If you print out an image of one from the net and try some Bathroom shops wherever you are, they might be able to source a reproduction for you.

Hi Jacqui,

Been living in a Muslim country for over twenty years now and have always had a waste plug in my baths and sinks even the modern pop up ones, even got them in my bath and basins in Turkey.

Well Thank the Lord for finding out that Antique means over 100 years, so I am only half an Antique at the moment,so no selling value on me yet. :)

Yes the old Freestanding Roll Tops were heavy, can remember trying to move one when we refurbished an old farm house and we used  :)Emulsion on the walls

Hell fancy that man who contacted you regarding his Freestanding Roll Top not wanting to post it to Turkey for me, now that is what I call mean, what do you do Jacqui are you a  Posh Type of Steptoe and Sons :)

Thanks for your posts and help

Hi Sus, When we first came and stayed in Fethiye (Letoonia) they had no plugs in the Bathroom. I went to the reception to ask where my plugs were and they told me in no uncertain terms that this was a Muslim Country and they did not have plugs as Muslims do not wash in bowls or sinks or baths of still trapped water as it was unclean!!  We went into Fethiye and bought plugs at the million shop.  
I know in the U.K. are there different sizes in roll tops they are not standard, so, perhaps you might find one in a smaller size in Turkey... Good luck.  
I am not a Steptoe and not posh but close I am a Grannie Used To Have One  ;)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 16:11:26 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Sus

Emulsion paint
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 16:52:50 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by barry44544

Where was the company in Fethiye with Roll top bath?? info please.

Hi Barry,

This is the website

http://www.formina.com.tr

It is in English just select English at top right hand corner, then products and choose what you want to look at, then you can select Sales Points select Mugla and Fethiye and the two bathroom shops come up with telephone numbers etc for you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf