Author Topic: Power of Attorney  (Read 7799 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Power of Attorney
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2013, 13:31:36 PM »
Well this was a topic from over a year ago...

Offline snowtop

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 23:15:47 PM »
i know but as you know, some things take their time in Turkey to become effective, or, finalised so we can understand the inn's and out's.
No-one has come back and said if they had managed it or not.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2013, 19:07:13 PM »
Is there anyone out there who can translate and navigate the intricacies of Beledye and Tapu offices, and accompany me to try to sort out whether our builder has loans against our Tapu that we may have to pay, to finally get our Tapu and check whether our Land Tapu is correct and accurate? Be so-o-o grateful!

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2013, 19:23:41 PM »
A solicitor can find this out for you

Offline 160606

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2013, 09:10:32 AM »
We used Volkan Sankir who is a sworn translator, he arranged power of attorney so George Rimms could sign for our property on our behalf, he took is through all the paperwork and when it came to finally signing for the house he arranged all that with the seller and George, (who is our very best friend), even to explaining to the seller who was undecided at this final point wether to sell or not, (this period of decision took 9 months), what the consequences would be if he pulled out at that point, and the seller decided to finally sell.  His fees for this were more than reasonable, taking into account the times we emailed him over those 9 months and he either explained things or found them out for us.  We owe him a drink when we come over in October to spend our first 2 weeks in our own property.  His phone number is 0 532 577 0625.  Hope this is helpful.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2013, 12:30:07 PM »
Is there anyone out there who can translate and navigate the intricacies of Beledye and Tapu offices, and accompany me to try to sort out whether our builder has loans against our Tapu that we may have to pay, to finally get our Tapu and check whether our Land Tapu is correct and accurate? Be so-o-o grateful!

Hi ArtyMar, I've never used Volkan Sankir services, but I've heard only good rep about him   :)

I just came across this very useful piece re: paperwork for Hab certs, in Voices newspaper written by Bekir Cektir of Todays Zaman

http://voicesnewspaper.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5913

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »
Thanks all for your help and info re transition services etc. We've now decided to go with the lawyer, Sule Beder, recommended by experienced members of CBF, and investigations into the paperwork associated with our builder re Tapu and Habitation Cert  are happening - beginning today. Fingers crossed that DeskaGlobal has not run up big loans and other costs against our property. Whatever the case we should not be having to fork out a penny, as our contract states that Tapu and Habitation Certificate would be given 'on completion'. So much for contracts!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »
Did you have a final payment 'on completion'? If so, how did you end up paying it on completion and not getting your HC on completion? The idea of holding back a significant amount until completion is exactly to prevent this.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2013, 19:16:13 PM »
Yes, we did - but contract said Tapu & habitation would be given "on completion" and we were told that we had to fully pay up to complete and then, once they had that final payment on completion, we would get our Tapu etc. We were concerned that if we did not pay the final payment, after snagging had been resolved, they would use that as an excuse not to give Tapus. Our German neighbours held back final payment, did not get Tapu and we were told by Deska that this was the reason Tapu had not been given. In the event, to our knowledge none of our neighbours, Russians and Germans, have their Tapus. Russians may not have their Land Tapus - don't know. Sule is checking this and also as to whether the Land Tapu issued to us is valid for our property. On tenterhooks, waiting to hear bad, not so bad, or terrible news from her.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf