Author Topic: Electric Meter has been padlocked  (Read 3231 times)

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
Electric Meter has been padlocked
« on: January 19, 2012, 23:01:52 PM »
I havent been over since August but started paying my electric bill through my turkish bank account.
They took payment in September of 108,50 TL and another payment of 1,20TL in November.
I've got money in my account so should I be worried about the Meter being padlocked by them or can this all be sorted in the summer when I return?

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 07:48:27 AM »
Normally there would be sealed wire on the fuse switch not a padlock. The easiest thing to do is to either try and call your bank now. Otherwise, when you get these if it is just twisted wire, snip this off , pay at the Fatura office in Fethiye opposite the Mosque and then go into your bank to find out what went wrong.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 10:24:42 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by HappyMonday

Otherwise, when you get these if it is just twisted wire, snip this off , .

Definitely not recommended, a friend almost ended up in court for doing this, the charge "stealing electricity". Once the bill is paid at the Aydem office on the Patlangic road, they will come out & remove the "lock" within around an hour

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 10:33:48 AM »
It depends on what the padlock is securing. If it's just on the casing and preventing tampering with the meter but you can still see the readout don't touch it. If the seal has been removed and been replaced by a padlock or if the seal has been broken, leave it. If payments have been made, and you still have an electricity supply, I wouldn't worry about it too much for the moment.

The seal's put on the meter by the electricity company after installation and if broken or removed you can have problems. In reality it's not at all unusual for seals to be broken and to be left like that for a number of years.

Offline keng38

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 22:36:28 PM »
I'm in the UK, not a full time resident of turkey yet. I have keyed ny account no into the website and it looks like a payment was missed in October. Aydem website has no way of making payment so what next.....?

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 07:43:03 AM »
For the last 5 years the process that we have followed - especially when arriving in the middle of the night with no electric is to break the seal, turn on the electric and go to Fatura and pay the next day first thing. Never had a problem. If its during the day then pay at Fatura and then if electric is essential break the seal and turn on.  Maybe Ive just been lucky

Offline farmer

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 10:24:27 AM »
Happy Monday,
You have been very lucky indeed.

I paid an Aydem bill via a Fatura office and this is what happened.

Bill for meter read on 25th November, to be paid by 5th December. Paid at Fatura office 25th November.
Cut Off notice dated 13th December, notice to pay by 20th December. Went to Fatura office, they checked and said no problem.
Checked Aydem website 19th December, bill showed as still unpaid. Back to Fatura office same day to be assured they had paid Aydem " no problem".

21st December 10.30 a.m. Cut off and meter sealed. Also new bill, to be paid by 4th January issued. Back to Fatura office where the lady made a phone call ( she said it was to Aydem ) and assured all was OK and I would be reconnected. Power back on by 11.30 a.m.  Problem sorted? NO.

26th December, late afternoon- Cut off again. Meter sealed and an interim bill for 5 days illegal use of electricity issued. Back to Fatura office, this time with Turkish friend as interpreter. After some argument and delay the manageress arrived and gave me my money back, but too late to get to Aydem office to pay.

27th December. At Aydem office. I was taken upstairs and spoke to a man called Veli. When I produced the "illegal" use bill He scrutinised it and all the other paperwork. He sent me downstairs with instruction to pay the normal bills. He retained the illegal use bill for investigation and said he would telephone me with the outcome. Power returned that evening 7.30 p.m. I have had no calls yet!

The illegal use interim bill still shows up on Aydem Website. Charged at an extortionate rate - : :) 5 days use, TL 80.50

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 17:37:28 PM »
and never use the Fatura office in Calis (if it's still open). The guy in there will take you money and not pay it Aydem. When you go back to complain his English will suddendly disappear. Fortunately for me I knew his cousin who cam back with me and 'pursuaded' him to repay me.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 20:26:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by keng38

I'm in the UK, not a full time resident of turkey yet. I have keyed ny account no into the website and it looks like a payment was missed in October. Aydem website has no way of making payment so what next.....?

Keng - the October payment may have been missed because you never used any leccy.

Just had a look at our bills for the last year and there were 2 months that there were no bank payments made.

Offline keng38

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 21:52:51 PM »
I double checked on the website and it says I missed a 55TL bill in October yet they took a 1,2TL bill in November.
Theres no way of paying this through their website so I guess they will have to wait till July

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf