Author Topic: Insurance cover for flooding?  (Read 1496 times)

Offline micky mouse

Insurance cover for flooding?
« on: January 28, 2012, 13:30:09 PM »
Does anyone know wether insurance covers for flooding or does it come under the act of god on policeys.I have no confirmed info on my place yet  but from what ive seen and read on here then i can only assume the worst.I am insured by intersure which is a british company which insures overseas propertys.I do pay alot more with this company but after being insured by a turkish company for many years and after being burgled 9years ago they only paid out 700lira,joke.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 14:20:23 PM »
I suggest you contact your insurance company & ask them, each company has their own levels of cover.

PS: I'm surprised you don't know this already, I would make sure I'm getting sufficient cover BEFORE I pay to start a policy.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 14:33:40 PM »
My understanding was/is that they insure to cover flooding but will tell you at the time of commencement if it is excluded due to the property being in a known flood area. Of which I understand they have such areas of exclusion in Calis. I am happy to ask them if you would like me to.

Offline marjo

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 14:51:36 PM »
Hi
Just to let you know that our insurance here with Allianz does cover for flood damage with no area exclusions-thankfully! The assessors have been very busy these last few days around here & seem to be very fair.
Hope all is Ok with yours Micky

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 15:11:51 PM »
Aviva covered, and paid out a couple of years back for a property that flooded in Koca calis.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 19:13:59 PM »
Many thanks Mr Scunner,yes that would be nice,when i was with allianz and i was burgled along with my friend next door i only got paid out 700 lira and my two air con units cost me more than that along with tv,radio,etc,even the electric kettle they took.Because many of the items were from the uk they only paid out on turkish items and you had to produce reciepts thats why i changed companies.I had photos of all the items but they were in valid i was very dissapointed with them.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 23:14:18 PM »
when our house was flooded due to burst pipes  our insurance paid out
baris insurance

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf