Author Topic: Brighton v Newcastle  (Read 1334 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Brighton v Newcastle
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 12:35:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lance

Whats wrong with people from south norwood i used to live and work there great people .:-\

Ah Lance we have something in common I used to live there myself, so I know and love the area myself.  The point I was trying to make though was these Brighton 'Supporters' came all the way up for the game, but along the way thought it would be fun to terrorise commuters on the train, and the old folk in and around Selhurst Park.  My experience, now living in Brighton, is these are not untypical of a section of the Brighton supporters, who are just wannabee London 'ards giving it the Billy Big Bo!!ocks:D:D

Offline usedbustickets

Brighton v Newcastle
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 12:40:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by davybill

somebodys got to, haha

Easy davybill ... as you can see there's a few of us now, and you wouldn't like a visit from the ex Sarf London crew would yer? ;):D:D

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Brighton v Newcastle
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 12:47:30 PM »
UBT, do you have a link to the reports about the Seagulls fans? I cant find anything...

Offline usedbustickets

Brighton v Newcastle
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 15:48:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kayakebab

UBT, do you have a link to the reports about the Seagulls fans? I cant find anything...

Unfortunately I do not need any reports as  I saw the train incidents myself, and have been witness to them before on a couple of other occasions on the train to and through London.

The other incidents around the ground were reported by family members.  I've see plenty of other traveling crowds of football supporters in recent years, and indeed been one myself on a number of occasions.  However, there is something about the Brighton supporters that makes them want to try bully and cajole anyone in their vicinity, whether they have anything to do with football or not, and often the weaker the person they choose to pick on the better they seem to feel about themselves.  Gob****es would be the best description.

By the way this does not apply to all Brighton fans ... many of my best friends are Brighton fans!!  However, there is a large section of Brighton supporters that should not be allowed into polite company.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 15:54:00 PM by usedbustickets »

Offline usedbustickets

Brighton v Newcastle
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 16:36:55 PM »
Just after writing my last post on this thread, and our papergirl pushed through my letter box this evening's copy of The Argus, which is Brighton's evening paper.  The front page in banner headlines is 'Football Thugs Jailed', here is the link to the argus website, with video.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9508893.Video__Football_thugs_jailed/

OK not directly related to Tuesday, but an indication of what these people are like.:-\

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Brighton v Newcastle
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 17:21:47 PM »
thats a shame as my son would have been interested to read about it. Hes a Brighton season ticket holder and they were all advised not to travel by train to Crystal Palace and were all advised about coaches.
He took the decision not to go at all as he didn't feel 90 minutes of football was worth the risk of getting beaten up.
He goes to as many away games as he can but Crystal palace is considered by many as just too dangerous, let alone their reputation for peeing in bottles and throwing it.
Nice.

good to see an excerpt from the jolly old Argus. Interesting report, and interesting that not one of the people arrested actually lived in Brighton!

Very sad reflection of the state of things, but actually nothings changed for decades, although it used to be mainly local derby rivalries, this one was a pre match friendly with Aberdeen. Just crazy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf