Author Topic: Six Nations 2012  (Read 8720 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Six Nations 2012
« on: January 30, 2012, 16:33:11 PM »
The tournament kicks off this weekend. Will new-look England bury memories of their embarrassing time in the World Cup and leave smiles on the faces of their fans? Which, or how many, French team/s will turn up and can they show their late improvement in the WC was no fluke? Will Wales finally convert beautiful rugby into a string of victories? Are the Irish past it or will they come roaring back? Is the long-awaited Scottish recovery arriving this year, or will they be contesting the wooden spoon with Italy?

Can't wait for it all to unfold.

Offline tonyb

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 19:09:18 PM »
England have more of a point to prove than anybody after the debacle in the World Cup, the Welsh surpassed even their expectations,the Irish, well you just never know whats going to turn up, the Scots for the wooden spoon & as for the arrogant(even more so than England) French, who cares.I hate to admit this, but if the Welsh keep their discipline & play with the same endeavour as in New Zealand, they will  deserve to win it.

Offline buddy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 23:54:40 PM »
Looking forward immensly to the 6 nations. Many happy/sad hours spent down the pub saturday/sunday afternoons with equally past it old adversaries and team mates, chewing the fat. The older we get the better we were. Already organised the venue and time to watch England trying to redeem themselves. Can't help but fancy the Welsh, they could have won the World Cup if the referee had not been French.
Awaiting the flack.

Offline valleyboy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 09:11:25 AM »
Can't wait,looking forward to a great tournament, lets hope we see some skilful entertaining rugby, and best of luck to all participants !, (just a little more to Wales though !  ;) :))
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:12:39 AM by valleyboy »

Offline maximumtom

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 21:30:11 PM »
The play of the Welsh regions has, so far this season , been indifferent.  Shane has retired from international rugby.  I do not see Wales recapturing the form of the World Cup.

Offline PKHUGHES100

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 17:35:06 PM »
I think Wales does have a good chance based on their world cup showing, they have a lot to prove.

Kevin a proud and hopeful Welshman!

Offline valleyboy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 20:04:49 PM »
I hope they do well also Kev, particularly after a good show in the RWC, but the 6 Nations is a very special tournament, I think it's wide open and anything can happen this year !.  ;) :)
With Sundays game in mind I think Ireland will be out to settle a score after the RWC quarter finals, and always a tough team to play, especially in Dublin !.
Exciting stuff ahead m'thinks !! :D

Offline hoops man

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 08:44:43 AM »
i think scotland will hammer England and everyone else and lift the cup. oh sorry keith i meant to post this in the joke section!

Offline valleyboy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 16:19:59 PM »
Magnifique Les Bleus, look more structured under the new coaching regime, but hat's off to Italy who who never gave up and also looked good at times, no longer the whippin' boys of the 6 Nations ! - Parisse immense fair play !  :)

Offline calvin 1949

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 18:51:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hoops man

i think scotland will hammer England and everyone else and lift the cup. oh sorry keith i meant to post this in the joke section!

Hard Luck
:P:P:P:D:D:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf