Author Topic: Electric Shock - aydem meter problem  (Read 6120 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Electric Shock - aydem meter problem
« on: August 03, 2012, 15:12:30 PM »
Our Aydem electricity bill this month for the 'communal' pool and lighting etc. has come in at a whacking great 935TL.  Normally at this time of year we would expect a bill of around 130TL.  We've checked out that no one has hooked up a dodgy supply from us, and also checked out that there is nothing different being used in the communal area that would cause this enormous surge.  We found nothing.

The Aydem sent round a couple of chaps, who checked and said that the reading was correct, and that the usage since the 'big' reading was about the same rate as a 935TL monthly bill.  So my money - literally - is on a faulty meter, but how do you get the Aydem to accept this, and to check the meter is not faulty and replace it.

Any top tips on how to handle this would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Electric Shock - aydem meter problem
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 16:23:47 PM »
Ouch, that's painful. Do you have the Aydem bills from last year? If so, maybe you get them to see from the kWh usage that something's wrong. Offer to pay for a new meter if necessary, surely that's going to be cheaper than the continued high bills

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 16:45:06 PM »
Yes we do have a record of last year.  The strategy of offering to pay for a new meter is worth considering, it's got to be a cheaper option than keep paying these astronomical monthly charges.  Perhaps on the condition if it does show we were right about the current meter being faulty, that they will re-imburse the costs of the change-out and the high bill.

Whose it best to go and see or speak to at Aydem, or perhaps others have other viable suggestions to get over the problems?

Offline jackstee

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 18:40:01 PM »
I would actually think that community lighting and a pool pump running for several hours a day would be a lot more expensive than 130 TL

Offline quackers

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 19:48:43 PM »
The man upstairs he speaks english.The security guard speaks english and he will direct you. Our neighbour had the same problem . His private villa bills were over 1000 tl twice ,ours were 300ish tl. Aydem checked and said all ok . He was not convinced and had a new meter fitted, problem solved and they cancelled his last 1000tl bill.His bills are now less than ours.

Offline janmack

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 23:35:47 PM »
Wish our communal electric bill at this time of the year was 935TL :o  If you're convinced there is something far wrong then I would suggest getting a new meter installed, it doesn't actually cost much.  We had ours changed a few months ago and I am sure it cost under 200TL.

Offline illuyas

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 06:35:30 AM »
Had new multi tariff meter installed 4 weeks ago, 50tl including fitting from local electrician
plus Aydem charged 24tl on next bill because I upgraded their meter ?

Had to take invoice from electrician and old meter to Aydem office to register new meter with them

This was in Kusadasi

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 07:24:31 AM »
I would actually think that community lighting and a pool pump running for several hours a day would be a lot more expensive than 130 TL

Getting things in perspective the communal area is only for three villas, and even then I know a development where there are over 60 villas and apartments and a big 250sq metre pool and theirs isn't anywhere near 935 a month!

Offline screamlead

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 09:08:33 AM »
Do what Illuyas did, the new meters are only about 40TL to buy. Get it fitted by a sparky then take old one to Aydem in town and get it registered. They came out to me about 4 months ago and just replaced my old spinny one with the new digital job - i didnt ask for one they just turned up and changed it.
Then i would suggest someone keeps a log of daily meter readings and usage for the next couple of months in something like access or excel then at least you have some sort of record to prove the usage etc.
Not sure about getting any money back off them though - good luck with that.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 09:49:10 AM »
I had a similar problem I had a £90 bill for Nov, Dec, Jan for our villa when it was shut down. I had our maint company change meter but Tedas (as it was then) didnt want to know about a refund. It sorted the problem though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf