Author Topic: Getting the neighbour to pay up  (Read 3915 times)

Offline Libra

Re: Getting the neighbour to pay up
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »
As one turkish proverb says "ev alma komsu ( komshu ) al  - don't get a house , get neighbours" .   

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 10:47:53 AM »
As one turkish proverb says "ev alma komsu ( komshu ) al  - don't get a house , get neighbours" .   
Yes that makes sense except for one drawback, as one wise Englishman observed "You can pick your house, but you can't pick your neighbours"

Offline Libra

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 11:38:40 AM »
Yes , that's true. Neighbours may change then and when.

Offline karenr

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 19:48:31 PM »
we have a committee and after 18 months it has been running...all our non payers (Turkish) were threatened with legal court action and have paid up!!!!! The condeminium Law protects us from that situation. I know you are not required to have a committee as there are only three BUt I cannot believe theres not a simular protection for people in your situation. Is it worth getting a one off solicitors letter sent to him stating you and the other owner are taking him to court for his 3rd share and if you win he will be expected to pay all the legal fees for this case. A letter shouldnt be anymore than in England....say £25.  Im sure a local solicitor would do this. Put a deadline of payment.......if no money.....get a court date booked. He will have no defese in court for non payment of his 3rd owing. Just because your not required to have a committee, theres still an expectation that people pay their way....Check with a solicitor but I feel the court can only find in your favour.....he has no excuse and will never win the argument.......... Goodluck, get the letter sent recorded to his apartment and his main home (so get it notarised as proof of sending)

Offline karenr

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 23:26:55 PM »
The communal area and pool electricity bill is in the name of the original developer.

There is no formal agreement in place on bills etc.

Our communial water bill is still inthe name of the developer so we were all (10 apartments) paying 1/10 of the water bill. the fact that it is still with the developer we were told we were still paying builders rates for the water which is higher than consumer.........why dont you (as we are doing) get the bills into individual payments...ie the water/electric  fitted to each apartment  so he will have no    water or electric at least!!!! I dont know where you stand legally as 2 apartments with one not paying ut its worth legal advice. Condiminium law helps o larger complexes but there must ne something there for your circumstances....all the best

Offline karenr

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 10:02:49 AM »
goodluck

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf