Author Topic: Kerim  (Read 3561 times)

Offline marjo

Kerim
« on: September 12, 2012, 12:09:04 PM »
I don't like to post a negative topic but we were so amazed by the attitude of one staff member in the Kerim yesterday that I felt compelled to write this.
My husband & I arranged to meet a friend in the Kerim, as she was coming over from Fethiye on the water taxi. She was there when we arrived & had got a drink. We ordered a round of drinks for us all & then spent a pleasant time chatting & drinking some more before asking for the bill as we were leaving to go to visit other friends for dinner.
When the bill arrived we had been overcharged by 2 drinks-we politely pointed this out to the waiter who immediately got defensive & started to argue, when we said that it was OK we didn't mind the error but we would not pay for the drinks we hadn't had he very nastily snatched the money from us, laughed & said I don't care, I don't have to listen to you-go & don't come back to this bar as I will not serve you again, have a nice holiday!!!! When I pointed out to him that we were not on holiday but lived here he answered with 'so what I live here too, bye!'
 I then went to speak to the manager as this guy's attitude was so rude, uncalled for & unpleasant. As I was doing so, the waiter came rushing over with yet more abuse, shouting at us. It was actually an unbelievable, overreaction to a simple miscalculation on the bill . The manager just shrugged & smiled as if this was normal!!
We have not been in the Kerim for awhile & I wonder if this guy usually works there, or not. We didn't get his name, he spoke very good English but was clearly very angry about something-I really don't think that it was simply our bill that prompted that reaction. There were no other customers in the bar at the time and I wonder that if there were, would his attitude & behaviour have been the same?
Needless to say we will not be visiting the Kerim again!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Kerim
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 16:24:27 PM »
Disgusting behaviour. I only know George  who works there but I cant imagine it would be him. I have known him for years and he is a lovely man.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 17:02:31 PM »
Yes me too, he's the only one I know and I would be very surprised if it was him. It's really disappointing and again surprising in these tough times and low footfall - you would think customers would be treated even better than normal once they are in - but obviously not.

I'm not sure what it is about the Kerim but I have never been in there. George nearly tempted me in earlier in the year but in the end it never happened. Plenty more places for your hard earned guys...

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 17:11:58 PM »
We've often used the Kerim for a coffee or drink as it's a good place to meet up with people or just sit and watch the world go by.  However, we've never experienced anything like that and certainly wouldn't go back again if we did. 

As Scunner says there's plenty more places to spend your money!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 17:13:04 PM »
Isn't Uzzy there now (ex-Er-Oz and the 1 lira toilet beach bar!) or am I behind the times again :D

Offline George Warner

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 17:15:05 PM »
Wasn't there a bad report about the Kerim earlier in the year?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 22:19:31 PM »
No he isnt there Keith. He is in Gocek.

Offline biglee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 23:08:32 PM »
I had a similar experience there, i ordered a mixed grill and was served 3 lamb shish kebbabs which were fatty and very unpleasant, when i said the description did not match the menu he just shrugged and walked off...oh dear

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 07:44:12 AM »
We have never been in there either,simply because there are much nicer places across the road  :)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 08:02:44 AM »
We visit Kerim probably daily when we are over as we find the staff very pleasant, particularly George.  The food was quite good and I guess we ate there sometimes simply because we are made welcome and can't be bothered going elsewhere when the G&T's are flowing.  I think the food in Barbella (over the road) last year was very good and hope it hasn't changed.  It would be hard to imagine George being rude to anyone unless, as suggested, something else was going on in the background.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf