Author Topic: Apartments being demolished?  (Read 2340 times)

Offline eileen

Apartments being demolished?
« on: October 02, 2012, 12:36:09 PM »
We have an apartment on the road below the new Teryaki Boutique Hotel.On the corner beside that hotel is a small complex with 3 apartment blocks only 5/6 years old
At the weekend we noticed all the slates were being taken off and thought it was new roofs as some of us here, have had to have done
But no,most of the slates went off in a trailer.Over the last few days fittings inside have been taken out and now the wood is coming off the roofs.Is the hotel planning on taking over that land as it took over the land opposite for carpark and garden
I feel so sorry for the people whose apartments they are.Why take down something that was neat and tidy.At the back of our apartments is the derelict Hotel Sesel,which does need pulling down.
Does anybody know what is happening

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Apartments being demolished?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 18:04:12 PM »
I can't picture the apartments you mean but it could be that the roof lines were built higher than the agreed plans (to increase attic floor usable space and headroom).  Quite normal to do but if someone complains, returning to the original roof line can be insisted upon. From your description I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is what is going on there.

Offline phil5257

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »
Don't know about those apartments but the land opposite the Tiryaki Hotel which is currently the car park is going to house 5 villas - they are going to be built and finished by next April , we saw the plans when we were out in September

Offline phil5257

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 12:28:24 PM »
Sorry meant to say that when we were talking to Murat Tiryaki he didn't mention anything about the apartments

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 06:38:27 AM »
I live close to these houses, and they were completley demolished yesterday. A neighbour has said the hotel want to expand and build a bigger swimming pool.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 07:51:02 AM »
When we had a tour around the Hotel in June the lady who took us around told us the owner was going to expand  this year and make the Hotel twice the size.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf