Author Topic: Solar water tanks  (Read 5130 times)

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
Re: Solar water tanks
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 09:48:50 AM »
I nearly choked at those prices!  talk about stitched up.  We had a replacement, ok some years back 90TL, surely the prices have not risen that much.
We had an honest price and honest work, we had sillly quotes (like above) but Ramos came back with a quote, no haggle not a problem. 

Ramos Akaya his shop is opposite what we used to refer to as B&Q  Ramos has a FB page http://www.facebook.com/rasatoat?fref=ts   many may know his wife Sarah Dunn.  I think she is on CBF. 

Ps. the immersion heater was 55tl and when I looked round lat October they was not much difference in the price.

Yes this is the same person and yes I do know his wife Sarah. Not sure what to say, we did shop around and were recommended him by several people. If I have been ripped off it wont be the first time and certainly not the last. I asked around at the time and this seemed to be the average price.  There is nothing I can do now, at least so far we've had no problems with it, you can only get several quotes and ask for recommendations from people and make a choice.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 11:10:08 AM »
Oh dear, it is the one thing that I don't miss about living in Turkey, the shopping around and vastly differing prices. 
 I found out very early that to get the right prices was to ask neighbours how much they paid for items if I wanted them at that time or not.  The Turkish always ask us foreigners what we pay how many of us chuckle say "how quaint" or words to that affect, it was not just nosey it was something they could use to ensure they got a cut later should someone ask. 
I used to stand next to Turkish people in the markets and shops listen to what were purchasing and how much.

Offline Dutchie

Solar water tanks
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 13:26:14 PM »
Don't jump to the conclusion that you have been ripped off
It could be a different size tank, different quality, in- or excluding pipes, etc.

Offline jazzy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 19:45:57 PM »
To clarify some prices for you and avoid anybody thinking they have been ripped off....here is some info from Ramazan at Akkaya Isı who some of you have used in the past....

NATURAL GRAVITY SINGLE HOT WATER TANK REPLACEMENT APPROX 350-400 LIRA

PRESSURiZED SYSTEM SINGLE HOT WATER TANK 520-570 LIRA

COLD WATER TANK REPLACEMENT 140 LIRA

IMMERSION HEATER APPROX 50-70 LIRA DEPENDANT ON QUALITY

NATURAL GRAVITY COMPLETE SYSTEM (INC 2 TANKS. 2 PANELS AND INSTALLATION) APPROX 950-1050 LIRA ACCORDING TO ROOF REQUiREMENTS FOR iNSTALLATiON

PRESSURiZED COMPLETE SYSTEM (2 TANKS 2 PANELS AND iNSTALLATiON) APPROX 1050-1150 LIRA.

TRIPLE PANEL, LARGE TANK, PRESSURiZED SYSTEM APPROX 1400-1600 LIRA

These prices are based on standard solar panels, but there is a wider range of chrome, copper, blue copper, aluminium, prismatic glass and larger panels that can also affect price.

Perspective buyers are welcome to use these prices in order to compare value for money with other suppliers. Please also note that everything in Ramazans wrought iron furniture shop has a price tag on it to ensure a fair price for everyone, regardless of nationality.

Sarah Akkaya   :)

Offline jazzy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 20:08:03 PM »
For those that don't know....I didn't.......the top tank is always the cold water one....ie the cheap one to replace!

Offline patrice

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 06:59:40 AM »
Thanks for that Jazzy
Having paid a considerate amount more for our tank and solar panels.... members had quoted your post justifies our cost   :)

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 08:45:17 AM »
Well thank you Sarah. Having asked around and got prices and recommendations from neighbours etc we thought we had a good price.   ;)

Offline jazzy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 08:35:30 AM »
You're very welcome. A large chunk of Ramazan's customers are British expats who he relys on for business all year round. It wouldn't be worth the risk to rip people off and ruin the shop's good reputation.....and he's not that type of person anyway   :)

Offline daveG

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 14:14:17 PM »
Thanks for the info Jazzy, this will no doubt be useful in the future. Just hope its"well into the future"  ;)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 21:38:12 PM »
Just re read this thread and my earlier post should have read 400 ytl.  oops

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf