Author Topic: Solar water tanks  (Read 5128 times)

Offline wydad

Re: Solar water tanks
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 06:17:26 AM »
In the last month I have had a lot of work done including new hot water tank, 3 solar panels, immersion and the water tank frame strengthened / repaired
This was all part of having the roof resealed after our water tank blew leading us to have the roof inspected. That revealed many issues from the original build 7 years ago so we got 3 quotes for the work as it was a reasonable project and double checked with my Turkish neighbour who has retired here himself with his family and so is not a Fethiye local  ;)

What I found out is exactly as Dutchie and Jazzy have described.

There are different types of system, different sizes of tank, varying amounts of insulation, different sizes and types of solar panel.
It was quite easy to check the prices by getting a description of the type of panel and tank then cold calling at some of the solar places around Fethiye.
Many shops wanted to come round, inspect and quote but I did get good gut feel estimates from them which reassured me of the full quotations

It cost me:
3 solar panels at 130 TL each including fitting, 5 litres of safe antifreeze 50TL, new water tank cross member, clean and paint 60 TL (organised and checked by Fatih at Fethiye Property Services)
Single large pressurised hot water tank with 10cm insulation, new immersion 700 TL including fitting  (organised and checked by Byram)

I am no expert but do like to understand what work is involved so Fatih and Byram did explain other options to me and how the different systems work - very helpful guys

Offline Eric

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 12:35:04 PM »
Burst Solar Panel this morning...called Fethiye Property Services they said they'd be here after 2pm and arrived at 2.10pm inspected job said we need both panels changed, will add a drain that was missing from original build, replace a deteriorating pipe.  All for 460tl and booked in tomorrow to do the job...So far well impressed...

Offline Eric

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 13:57:04 PM »
Turned up today, on time, job completed in less than an hour.  No mess no fuss, price as quoted, brilliant.  So impressed we asked for a quote for some additional work to be done elsewhere in the house.  Quote seemed reasonable so that job is now getting done on Monday.  First time we have used Fethiye Property Services and we can't fault them.  Well done.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf