Author Topic: intasure.  (Read 2258 times)

Offline iancarol

• Hull, UK
intasure.
« on: January 10, 2013, 20:37:23 PM »
Just had my renewal quote from intasure for the forth coming year. It has gone up £52 pound I know there is inflation but i think they are talking the pi and I wrote back and told em so.Has anyone found an alternative with an english broker who don't rip you off.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Re: intasure.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 20:50:08 PM »

Ian / Carol
                   Our building contents and dask cover was around  £100 last year, but with Avviva in Fethiye.

G&I

Offline iancarol

• Hull, UK
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 20:58:24 PM »
Cheers geoff.
I don't mind paying a bit extra because they are an english company but when they are asking for £260 a rise of over 25% and we have been with them since day one i think it is time to look elsewhere.
I wish my salay went up 25% a year.

Offline phil5257

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 12:49:41 PM »
I had the same with Intasure - rang them up and they revised the quote so instead of £55 increase I only paid £16 more than the previous year. I can't understand how anybody could pay £100 for Insurance and Dask as I have just renewed my Dask for a 2 bedroom apartment and it was 180TL (approx £60) which doesn't leave much for buildings and contents!

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
intasure.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 14:15:55 PM »
I think Geoff said only DASK & Contents so maybe he doesn't take out buildings cover?

Offline phil5257

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 14:41:12 PM »
Still seems cheap but I see what you mean - I took it as 3 parts not 2.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 15:13:07 PM »
We were always insured with companies in Turkey Aviva was the last one.  However, after reading the merits of Intasure on this Forum we changed.   
One reason for the change was our neighbour who had a burglary told us that the local Insurance Companies need you to keep receipts for everything or they will not look at a claim, the other reason was he told us that they will only pay out what they think something is worth if it's not brand new.  Our neighbour reckoned he got a pittance of what his stolen stuff was worth

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 17:57:32 PM »

Mrs B checked our policy and it is all itemised such as building -fire/flood  75,000 TL / 85,000 TL respectively.

Comprehensive cover  172.91 TL               Dask     89.00 TL
              ( Last years figures)                     
    We have been with them 7 years,but fortunately never had to make a claim.

Sometimes you get a good deal if you mention you know Scunner   ;)

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 12:57:36 PM »
You only get what you pay for ive been with intersure for the last three years now and if anything goes wrong with your property there,there,fast and  any claims are dealt with fast and fairly.I used to be ensured for seven years with a turkish company and when i was burgled and almost cleaned out they paid me less than £200-00 a £1000 would have been more realistic.They dont pay out on anything that came from the uk also if you dont have reciepts for any of your turkish items then again they dont pay out.So is worth that bit extra for peace of mind i can tell you yes it is.

Offline iancarol

• Hull, UK
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 20:28:12 PM »
Further to my dealings with intasure they have come back with a more relistic quote. We are now paying £10 more instead of £55. I can live with that. Just go's to show if you don't ask you don't get.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf