Author Topic: Sales Agent  (Read 8343 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Sales Agent
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 22:29:43 PM »
Sue, When we bought our property in 2005. We thought there was no one like the agent that sold it to us. We praised them every chance we could and now feel sorry we did.  We have found out a lot of things since then that we do not like and regret all the fulsome praise we lavished on people we hardly knew.
Having been in the area for a while and getting to know a lot of things, if we every bought again we would use Cenk (not cank) as he is one of the good guys and has receive constant praise for years. I have never read a bad thing about him or his wife Olga.
As I have not used Cenk, only met him and his wife I am recommending him with no biase at all.   ;) :D

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2013, 10:24:02 AM »
Jacqui that is a brilliant idea I make lists to take with me so I shall do what you do.... sorry I cant recommend an agent as I wish I had done far more research and looked at more properties and not listened to the lies from our agent saying the land behind our property was protected land and would never be built on, only to have a bloomin apartment block spring up there last year and block out my people watching from the balcony >:( I have just had the best laugh for a long time at the name Cank not in an unkind way dont know why but it has tickled me  :)

Offline sadler

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2013, 11:28:56 AM »
Several of us have recommended who we consider a good sales agent, how about those with not so good experiences naming and shaming, so that those new to buying can be aware of who to be cautious of.  :) :-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2013, 12:12:02 PM »
In ten years of CBF I have found that many people recommend the agent they used, but it is nearly impossible to get the ones that were ripped off, badly treated or threatened by an estate agent to come on here and tell their story.

Sadly that is the truth and sadly it is also quite understandable.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2013, 12:22:59 PM »
we weren't rilled off or anything like that, indeed we were given quite a lot of stuff free solar panels mossie nets and some other things as our agent was leaving the company, don't get me wrong we do love our little place in the sun but with hindsight we did not look at enough places and

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2013, 12:26:57 PM »
oops did not mean to post  :)we have so much more knowledge now...
We were just so disappointed to see this apartment block spring up when we thought the land would never be built on, it is also happening at the front as well, I loved getting up in the morning opening my front door to the gorgeous sunshine and seeing a couple of cows munching on the grass sadly we will lose that sight as well this year :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2013, 12:28:42 PM »
Karen I wonder what the total number of people is, who were told "..and that area can never be built on". Thousands I would imagine.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2013, 12:43:43 PM »
yes I think you are spot on there...Looking back we were very naive wanted a place there and then ready for the following season and had no idea of this forum's exsitence but hey ho you live and learn, I have been thinking a lot of late now our five years have passed re the capital gains thing about looking for another apartment but hubby is very much better the devil you know and at the end of the day we have had some wonderful times at our place, I am just gutted about losing two of the things that were important factors when we purchased,the outside was as important to me as the inside  :)  but to be honest when we are out and about there does not seem to be much land left without property going up on it....

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2013, 14:41:42 PM »
As a newbie to this forum I have really enjoyed reading the posts relating to this topic.We have been coming to Calis on holiday twice a year for the last 3 years,and only now have been able to consider buying a property here. Without all these invaluable comments posted regarding buying here,it could turn out to be an absolute minefield.I now feel in safe hands and look forward to viewing as many properties as I can in the time I am over,and using a well recommended estate agent.Thanks all.... :D

Offline tonysue

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2013, 15:17:17 PM »
I totally agree karen, we were also very naive and 5 /6 years down the line thank our lucky stars we bought where we did and with an agent who was trustworthy. it could quite easily have turned out very different, there for the grace of god and all that. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf