Author Topic: Esnaf treatment charges  (Read 8884 times)

Offline Mrs Hyacinth Bouquet

• Newly Registered
Re: Esnaf treatment charges
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 13:35:57 PM »
Yes, thanks amca. I know where it is now. I have to have an injection every 3 weeks for Biermers disease (my body can't make new blood) and when I've been in Calis before I've used that tiny private clinic right in the centre of Calis. I take my injections with me and they charge me 10 Lira to give me them. I thing that's really good though I don't like paying for the pain!   :)

Offline hamilton

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 16:50:17 PM »
It wasn't the consultant that ran after me, I am not sure if he is aware of the rates charged. As I said in my post it was a clerk. I presume that they have a matrix for various procedures. But 1,600 ytl is rather a lot for 10 minutes work.

Offline SJK

Esnaf treatment charges
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 17:19:01 PM »
I know that the charges at the Esnaf vary. If you have an ikamet then they charge half the price, the foreign desk explained that to me last time I went there. I have private insurance in Holland and they cover the expenses, if you live here full time then you would be part of the SGK or the other insurer in Turkey and then you pay a surcharge for the "private" care. I hear good stories about the Devlet as well and that would be well cheaper but I have never been there myself. The Esnaf was well good a while back but lately they have gone downhill. My wifes appointment was cancelled twice without them taking any trouble to call so we went there just to hear that the doctor wasn't there but I had the impression that they had no clue about the appointment.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 21:13:54 PM »
Are we talking about the one next to the courthouse or the private one. We got good service in the one next to the courthouse. After showing residence and logging in with passport it was only around 15 tl for each service.

PS they appreciate it if you have small change.

Offline orca

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 21:25:34 PM »
I had 2 ingrown toenails treated at Esnaf about 8 years ago.Firstly they didnt wait for the Anaesthetic to work before cutting into my toe so it was extremely painful to say the least.Secondly they should have put some chemical on the nail bed to stop it from growing again,i cant remember what its called,so therefore the nails grew back just the same as before,ingrown.Then i had them both done in England,properly.Years later i had another one on a different toe and had the treatment at Kangaroo,Jackie was brilliant.My advice dont have the ingrown toenails treated at the Esnaf,pay through the nose and then have to have them done again somewhere else. 

Offline Eric

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 17:22:51 PM »
The ESNAF is a private hospital, in other words a private company set up to provide a service and charge for this service to make a profit.  If you don't like the service or price then use a competitor such as the State hospital, Devlet, or Letoon hospital, as you would any other business. 
If you have SGK or Bakhur insurance this will cover part of the cost only.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 11:01:01 AM »
Just booked for a mammogram on SGK at The Esnaf... 35TL to see the surgeon and 15TL for the X ray...and I dont have to wait 3 years for an appointment...   

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 11:59:11 AM »
Wow Anne that is good value - will make sure Gill goes as one is due

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 17:39:17 PM »
that is a fab price Anne, someone I know had to have an mammogram whilst in Turkey think it was at the Devlet and when she came back to Uk and as referred to the breast clinic they were very impressed with the images, apparantly in Turkey they are done in digital and we are not at that stage with our mammograms here in the UK....

Offline kentish maid

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 20:21:59 PM »
Can anyone help please? Today I had a consultation with Dr Mahmut who does plastic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery at the Esnaf Hospital.  I wanted to discuss and obtain prices to have 2 small moles removed from my face.  We are regular visitors to Fethiye but no longer property owners and don't have SGK or other Turkish health insurance.  I always knew that this simple procedure would have to be paid for personally and would not be covered by my UK health or travel insurance, but I was shocked at the prices quoted.  115 TL for the initial consultation (all of 10 mins) then 580 TL for each mole removal with another 80 TL for lab analysis on each mole, is on a par with UK private clinics.  Haven't decided to proceed yet - has anybody on the CBF had a similar experience or can suggest an alternative provider, eg does the Letoon or Devlet offer this kind of service.  Thank you in advance for any help - this is an amazing Forum for information!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf