Author Topic: Should a New house be cleaned by the builder be fore given to the new owner ?  (Read 14157 times)

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
Thank you everyone for your help and advice.
  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that builder will give us Tapu in the end of may.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
Getting your Tapu so soon after your completion sounds great. Our so called 'completion' was end of 2011, and we have only just got half our Tapu (land) with the rest (building) due within 30 days - this after much begging, emailing, visiting - finally with solicitor support. And still experiencing snagging issues. :(

Offline joannasal

I bought 5 years ago. 10 days before I moved in, I went with a rep from the buidling company, an English friend and a Turkish friend to do a snagging list. All was agreed and cleaning was also agreed. When I arived 10 days later, no ne had been near my property since my visit. No cleaning done and nothing on the snagging list done. The builder got very superior and snotty with me when I dared to complain. As the movers were bringing furniture in, my friend and I were desperately running before them trying to get rooms reasonably clean. The snagging list took weeks and weeks of chasing to get done and some bits I actually paid other people to do for me. As for the cleaining - over a month later, the builders contacted me to say the marble floor polishing company were coming over - when I again dared to voice my concern as my home was now full of furniture, I was told that it is always done that way in Turkey and it is easier to polish marble floors once furniture was in place, than in an empty apartment !!!! I am a blonde female - I am not stupid!

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
I'm going back some years now, but our apartment was what I would call empted of all building matter; not cleaned. Things are not the same in Turkey.
We had very little issues with the builder unlike some others on the complex, maybe be because we treated it like a trukish purchase and not a british one, I don't know but it worked out well for us.

Doug

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf