Author Topic: Summary of the New Law - on Resident Permits w/e April 2014  (Read 40571 times)

Offline braveheart

Re: Summary of the New Law - on Resident Permits w/e April 2014
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2015, 11:16:28 AM »
Rimms and LeeGlo
Thanks for your returns and feedbacks
Now - this is complicated eh?
Assuming I now submit an E-Visa rather than my RP - this will mean I have to leave within the 90 days - correct??
If I use my RP on entry and they sanction this with their rubber stamp - will this not ratify the RP until at least my departure??
At what stage do you reckon the RP will be officially confirmed as void (probably not a question you can answer but thought that I would venture to ask your thinking on the subject)??
Thanks and regards to you both

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2015, 15:56:50 PM »
It is complicated, I've been told that not all passport police have the software system for calculating your time out of the country in the past 365 days, I'm told however that when you come to apply for residency renewal, they will at that time look back at time spent away and at this point will discover that you are possibly staying in the country without a valid visa?

Now, your defense may be that the passport police didn't pick up the problem and so you were unaware of the problem, but it's not often that the authorities here allow ignorance as a defense.

Like you say, it's a dilemma !

Offline braveheart

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2015, 13:50:04 PM »
Thanks Rimms
I will use my RP and see what develops - maybe I will be made to purchase Visa at DLM
Once back in I will ask around the community for advice and latest updates
Again - many thanks for your time greatly appreciated

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2015, 18:50:02 PM »
Although I have been here longer my unbroken residency is seven years . I have applied for a new visa and after he entered my details on the computer in the passport office he informed me he would only give me a one year visa as next year I will get a  free permanent residency permit. Probably costing about 50 lira for admin fees . The one years visa cost 257 lira but it is  a new form to ones I have filled in before and you also have to go to your Mutah to collect a signed form. I have retained  my visa and my UK passport as they no longer have to be sent off and also given me papers to prove  my new visa is in transit as I will be out of the country for a visit when my old visa expires.

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2015, 19:49:54 PM »
Forgot to say because I am of retirement age I did not have to produce a copy of my bank statement but a translated copy of proof of pension . They asked if I had health insurance and although it is not necessary for the visa  they advised I get some for my own sake. I hope this info helps some people who are still listening to all the hype that seems to be going around at the moment . 20 lira for forms to be filled in at Captains place   20 lira form from mutah (sure I have spelt that wrong but you know who I mean ) 10 lira cost of photo. and 257 for visa so total 307 lira .Worth that for a years residency in my opinion .

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2015, 19:59:00 PM »
Helen, glad to hear you get it sorted at last.  :)

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2015, 22:33:20 PM »
I applied to renew my RP last week, filled in online form ok, went to Verge and paid in the two fees, got receipt, included all other stuff in an envelope and couriered by Kargo to Mugla.

Now awaiting their reply, with some trepidation I might add.

TC  ??? ???

Offline davybill

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2015, 06:28:23 AM »
Yes ours were sent a month ago, still waiting.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2015, 12:29:30 PM »
Still got ours to do yet, not looking forward to it. Last year it took exactly 30 days for them to come back hope it's the same this year ...... well fingers crossed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf