Author Topic: banks  (Read 1672 times)

Offline nettie

banks
« on: April 12, 2013, 11:23:05 AM »
Can anyone give me some information on banks? Is there a bank that anyone could recommend with a good interest rate that we can withdraw money from in both Turkey AND the UK? Would we be able to withdraw from a cash machine in both countries?
thank you for your help
nettie

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: banks
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 11:39:50 AM »
Not ING bank, I would personally add four letters to the start of their name. They are notoriously difficult to deal with, especially from abroad where hanging up on you is far easier than listening to you (don't take my word for it, several people can confirm).

Try Alper at Garanti (Banker on CBF) or Finans - I have numerous customers from a previous life with both and they are helpful.

If you get an ATM card you can take money out in Turkey and at UK ATMs but I think there is a fee for doing it outside the UK.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: banks
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 11:46:52 AM »
To be able to withdraw cash (free) in UK and Turkey/abroad (and indeed transfer money free between UK and Turkey/abroad) and that pays a 'reasonable' interest I'd say an HSBC Premier account gets what you want and more, but you need to have £50k in the HSBC UK accounts to open up an account.  You can open it up in Turkey where the account needs to have (I think) around 85,000TL.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf