Author Topic: Restaurants that will pick us up  (Read 15681 times)

Offline scorcher

Re: Restaurants that will pick us up
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2013, 13:00:46 PM »
Do you know - I'm almost convinced ! Once I've had a quick shufti at the relevant passenger carrying insurance papers, satisfied that our philanthropic restaurateur of whatever nationality is not tempted to massage the bill in any shape or form and the dedicated fully qualified driver chosen for his love of just the odd wine gum - well I'm having second thoughts. In principle it would seem beneficial to all parties. However, in the light of some of the aforementioned concerns not being fully met, I will stick to self drive or licensed taxi to get me safely home for MOTD. In the end of course it is a matter of personal choice. And where's Supacabby when you need him ?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2013, 13:23:23 PM »
Good points but tell me - if your friend offers you a free lift are you covered under his car insurance? The answer is yes unless he takes payment - then you have issues.

So if a restaurant owner picks you up for free then what is the difference? I suppose you could argue that he's doing it for personal gain but there is no obligation to buy a meal once you get to the restaurant is there? After all you might not like the menu. Might bugger up your lift home though  ;)

If the owner uses a mini bus with his restaurant name all over the sides then my money is on him having the correct insurance otherwise he could easily get stopped and be in trouble I would think.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2013, 13:32:02 PM »
Yes and we should never cross the road because cars use them.

I remember the days when complete strangers in Turkey would stop and beckon you into their car if you looked like you were waiting for a dolmus. If insurance is paramount in you mind on holiday I'd suggest Turkey isn't always the best option :D

Offline scorcher

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2013, 13:45:41 PM »
Too true but managed to cope so far and let's pray that circumstances prove that I'm fussing without cause !

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2013, 14:07:51 PM »
I must remember to smell the taxi driver's/dolmus driver's breath next time I hop in one  ;)

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2013, 14:52:33 PM »
Eugh!

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2013, 14:57:47 PM »

I remember the days when complete strangers in Turkey would stop and beckon you into their car if you looked like you were waiting for a dolmus.

I remember the days when complete strangers used to do that to me here...  Always men for some reason.  hehe

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf